Tierra del Fuego National Park

Ushuaia, Argentina

Tierra del Fuego National Park Ushuaia Reviews

cordobazo cordobazo
Amazing hiking Oct 14, 2009
Gustavo, the great cook and owner of the hostel where I was staying at suggested that, since it was our last day (ex-wife and me), we should go to the park, for the hiking.

We missed the last minibus that go to the park so, instead, we took a cab and if I am not mistaken it was around $25.

Prices to get in the park aren't that bad. Residents pay a smaller fee than foreigners (it wasn't expensive, I think around $15).

The park is 63 thousand square kilometers, but only 2 thousand are dedicated to the recreational use of people

The trail is absolutely spectacular! Is about 8 km and, depending on how fast or slow you walk or how often you stop to appreciate the view and take pictures, it could take you anything between 3 to 5 hours.

The idea is to make the hike enjoyable and with no rush. You go through all different landscapes that it is impossible to don't stop and admire the beauty of the work of God.

Some part of the hike you do it along the Beagle channel and some others through the amazing woods.

It is really important the time of the year that you are down here. You wouldn't be able to appreciate nothing during winter and besides, it is extremely cold.

I went in the middle of the summer where all you see is a mixture of colors making the hike a total pleasure. You can appreciate more the amazing wildlife and the ground is more bearable for the hike, during this time of the year. We saw lots of wild rabbit, beaver and red foxs and a big variety of birds.

As you walk up and down all the time, the scenary change in every curve. The views are just breathtaking! Muy importante to take your camera!!

The end of the trail is at Lapataia bay where there is a camping area, a restaurant and a giftshop where you can get something to eat and drink. Great cakes and hot chocolate!!

Here you can also take pictures of the sign indicating that at this point, the National Route N3 finish. That means that there is no more road! you have reach the bottom of the American Continent! Pretty cool, eh? It also indicates the distance from here to Alaska: 17.848 kmts!!

From here you can take one of the many minibuses back to your hostel or just walk your way back to the entrance of the park. After the long walk, I think the minibus is your best choice.
Begining of the trail
HuBison says:
I'll soon be in Argentina, but only in BA.
Posted on: Mar 10, 2012

Related Travel Blogs About Tierra del Fuego National Park

Tierra del fuego national park
FIRST STOP.....It was a 4hr flight to Ushuaia, we all flew on LAN. We flew from a smaller airport to Ushuaia called the Jorge Newberry airport.  Everybody going to the hurtigruten boat were all …national park on the Argentine part of the island of Tierra del Fuego, within Tierra del Fuego Province. It was founded in 1960.   Located close to the city…
Latino rhythms
LATINO RHYTHMS   ARGENTINA Argentina in Depth 13D/12N   Argentina is blessed with an enchanting and thrilling nature. Upon arrival to Iguazu Falls, you will admire its splendid natura…Tierra del Fuego National Park                 Two optional walks: The Black Lagoon and the Beavers Dike…
Ushuaia and the Argentine End of the Americas
So from the actual southernmost town of more than 50 people I was successfully able to cross the Beagle Channel (after several days of waiting) to visit the world´s southernmost city, Ushuaia. The c…Ushuaia as I didn´t want to visit Tierra del Fuego national park and hike through the snow again, and plus…

Check Ushuaia Hotel Deals