Tiergarten Schoenbrunn (Vienna Zoo)

Maxingstrasse 13B, Vienna, Austria
WWW.ZOOVIENNA.AT - +43-1-877 92 94

Tiergarten Schoenbrunn (Vienna Zoo) Reviews

Devika1985 Devika19…
Vienna Zoo Aug 08, 2011
When I was in Vienna I went to see the famous zoo Tiergarten Schonbrunn wich is the oldest zoo in the world. (Founded in 1752) If u are in Vienna u really shouldn't miss out on this. The zoo is situated next to Schonbrunn palace so it's a great opportunity to see 2 nice things at once. The zoo itself was amazing. I haven't been to many zoo's in other countries really but compared to the ones we have in my country this one was way better. Make sure to bring ur collegecard or something of ur a student. We brought ours by coincidence we didn't know u could get a discount with that, but we ended up paying just 5 euro's a ticket! The zoo was so pretty I saw the most funny animals that we really don't have in Dutch zoo's. Unfortunateley we couldn't spend a lot of time at the zoo since we arrived so late so Im going back for sure to see more of it. We watched the SeaLions being fed wich was very funny! The animals seem really happy there in their spacious habitats. That was the greatest thing about it. So when ur in the area, dont forget to go and see the zoo!
Lucas_J Lucas_J
The zoo that you leave with a smile Jul 04, 2008
What I like most about the Vienna Zoo is the fact that animals get so much free space of their own. This makes one leave it with a sense of discovery and happiness, not like in other cities where you'd never want to come back or you leave feeling sorry for the poor animals.

With the exception of the Orang-Utan, who's getting a new home in a short while, and the Buffallo, the animals are happy, playful or just silly. The Polar Bear pair of cubs is a main attraction, but you shouldn't miss the smaller animals either. My girlfriend and I had great fun trying to discover the small "camouflaged" insects, sorting them out from their environment.

Look out for the Panda cub (sleepy head) on a branch out in the enclosure, and for the sloth (master of the Slow Food movement) in the Rainforest section!
One silly Seal
mccreai mccreai
The Worlds Oldest Zoo Mar 25, 2008
What can I say? Simply one of the best Zoo's I have been too. The fact that Pandas and Polar Bears rear young is a great sign of success. The layout is fantastic although some parts are a little uphill and take a little out of you but it really is worth it. The tropical house is amazing with freeflying fruit bats. I never before have stood just a couple of feet away from a giraffe and looked up in amazement. It has so many hidden gems and things to see and do. Including a parakeet that wolf whistles at passers by!! It really is a beautiful place and right next to Schonbrunn Palace. It really is worth spending a full day and checking out both places and the breath taking gardens of the palace. Best iewed in spring summer thought they tend to be busier and winter you are certain to be able to view almost alone!
Martin_Austria Martin_A…
Why Knut? We have Fu Long, ice bear babies and more Mar 07, 2008
In summer 1752, after a one-year construction period, the animals were brought to the zoo and presented to the public. The zoo is on the areal of Schloss Schönnbrunn, the former hunting castle of the Austrian emperor. Which was centuries ago a bit remote from the Vienna. Over the years Vienna growed and now the castle is in the middle of the City.

A huge park is connected to the castle Schönnbrunn and the Zoo is only a little part of it. It has a lot of young animals like the Panda Fu Long and the two ice bear babies, a little giraffe and many others. It is a nice place to go and relax after seeing only buildings an museums of the city.

In total Schloss Schönnbrunn has a couple of attractions wanting too see all of it it might take you up to three days.

If you want to go there and you need a guide, let me know I have a seasonal pass for it :-)

There are no student concession, prices are 12 Euro per adult and is open the whole year.
Mother an here two baby ice bears
Father of Fu long
Koala Bear
Baby Girraff only 2 meters high :-)
Martin_Austria says:
Yes, but sadly the Wallabies are hard to find, quite hidden. (Behind of the Pandas)
Posted on: Mar 09, 2008
genetravelling says:
you beat me too it! my blog is coming soon!
shame the zoo doesnt have kangaroos, but it does have wallabies! boing boing!
Posted on: Mar 07, 2008