Tibet Holiday Inn

Kathmandu, Nepal
Tibet Holiday Inn - Twin Room
Tibet Holiday Inn - Me(middle) and my two friends in my room at THI
Tibet Holiday Inn - Our group of volunteers on the roof terrance enjoying some clapping and dancing to Nepali music which the hotel staff provided for us.
Tibet Holiday Inn - My friend and i on the balcony area of floor 2, enjoying a drink or two.
Tibet Holiday Inn - Twin Room
Tibet Holiday Inn - My friend the receptionist at the Tibet Holiday Inn.
Tibet Holiday Inn - Lobby Area of the THI where you can get info on trekking,tours etc.

Check Kathmandu Hotel Deals

Tibet Holiday Inn Kathmandu Reviews

scottishboy scottish…
Comfortable Hotel in Kathmandu Aug 07, 2009
I first arrived in Kathmandu, Nepal in August 2009 as i was taking part in a voluntary programme with the British Government. When i arrived in Kathmandu i was taken to the 'Tibet Holiday Inn' for my orientation.

First impressions of the hotel where that it would a dirty place as the entrance to the hotel is down a side alley street. You enter the gates to the hotel and you are welcomed by a small parking lot with lots of flowers and a little rock pool. Looking up, you can see all of the rooms.

Entering the hotel we where welcomed in true nepali style with a namaste and a great big smile. We already paid for our rooms before coming to Nepal through our volunteer partners - IDF Nepal. So we were given our keys and made our way to our rooms. There are four floors which are accessed by stairs. It can be a little tiring if you are given the rooms at the top floor. So we were given our room for the 2nd floor. Walking upto our room, we noticed how clean the corridors were. They were all stone made with open balconies on each floor which gave the corridors a feeling of being outside.

We entered our room. It was a nice cosy room with two twin beds. The room was very clean in terms of hotels in Kathmandu. Very basic and simple. The bed sheets and duvets were very clean and fresh and the mattress was comfortable. The Hotel has provided extra duvets. They had provided a wardrobe for our clothes, mirror,telephone, 2 chairs and table, desk with T.V ontop which came with the room but only showed Nepali channels. There was also an en-suite which wasn't the best but again, was good for a Kathmandu hotel. It had a western style toilet which we were very pleased with. It also had sink and a shower but the shower only gave out cold water which did wake us up fast in the early mornings.

We spent 4 days in the hotel for orientation which was held in a conference room on the top floor. The hotel provided us with Nepali food every day which was very tasty. Some of the dishes included nepali daal bhat, samosas, noodles and different kinds of curries. All tasty!

After the 4 days i left for my home stay in a village outside Kathmandu. The staff of the hotel all gathered on the day we left to bid us farewell and wave us off.

But it would not be the last time we stayed there. Every weekend me and some of my other volunteer friends were allowed to 'free time' to spend 2 nights away from the village and go to Kathmandu. So every time we went to Kathmandu, we stayed at the Tibet Holiday Inn. The staff gave us all discounts as we had been coming every weekend. We even developed friendships with some of the hotel porters who would come and join us in our rooms when they have finished work and would come out to Kathmandu with us. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful.

The Hotel is situated down a side street just on the outskirts of the very very busy tourist district of Thamel. Anyone who has been to Kathmandu will know that is a very noisy place at night, especially for anyone staying at a hotel in the centre of Thamel, so it was nice for us to be so close to the Thamel but staying just outside in a quiter hotel getting a good nights sleep.

Overall, this hotel added to a great nepali experience. I am returning to Nepal in November 2010 for 5 months and i will definetly be returning to the Tibet Holiday Inn to see some of my friends and because i know i will recieve great customer service and a good nights sleep.

** This Hotel is NOT part of the famous "Holiday Inn" chain. **

** Images are from the website of the Tibet Holiday Inn **
Twin Room
My friend the receptionist at the …
Lobby Area of the THI where you ca…
Twin Room

Related Travel Blogs About Tibet Holiday Inn

10 weeks in Nepal
**This is my first ever blog so go easy on me guys**Well it all started on the 6th of August 2009. I woke up about 4am in the morning sooooo excited. I didnt get much sleep the night before... I was …Tibet Holiday Inn in the Thamel area of Kathmandu where we would be given our orientation.  When we got to the hotel…

Check Kathmandu Hotel Deals