Tian Yuan Holiday Hotel

Check Chengde Hotel Deals

Tian Yuan Holiday Hotel Chengde Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Budget hotel in Chengde Jun 20, 2015
We booked this hotel on last minute deal as we decided to go to Chengde the day before and then rushed booked the train ticket and hotel after that.

Since it was a public holiday in China, most hotel was fully booked and we feel lucky still get this hotel for reasonable price.

The hotel advertise to be located close to the Chengde Mountain Resort - the famous Chinese Palace in Chengde. True to it is advertisement, the hotel located very close from the Chengde Mountain Resort. Unfortunately when we were there, the entrance door to the Palace was closed due to the renovation so we had to walk further to the main entrance close to the river side.

The hotel building itself look nice however the reception can not speak English at all and I had trouble communicating with them (3 of them) in my broken Chinese and they could not find my booking reservation through hotels.com which was a bit pain, since we arrive at night time and it was passed my dinner time and I was hungry after a long 6 hours train ride from Beijing.

Finally, after a bit of hassle, they give us the key to the room and they asked advanced payment in cash for the 2 nights stayed.

Our room located at the highest floor but I do not remember which floor, as we can have view from the room toward the city through the big window, and there is elevator available which is quite quick.

The room itself quite big with two double bed and plenty of space to roam around, two arm chairs , working desk and chair and flat screen television which is working with many channels, a huge cupboard and free tea or coffee in the room.

The bathroom was a frosting glass door and very basic, so the whole floor gets wet after shower. Towels and toiletries provided and the cleaner clean the room every day.

The hotel has a tour desk in front of the lobby, unfortunately the old man who manage that can not speak English and he was not at the desk many times when we were there. No restaurant inside the hotel and no breakfast provided. However, there were free mineral water located at the lobby which hotel guest can fill in the water bottle freely.

Plenty of restaurants and bars around the main street from the hotel and it was pretty good food and very cheap. There are plenty of public buses outside the main street however we had problem to find out which bus number to go to any destination or to the train station since we can not communicate properly with the reception to get the information.

It was an okay stay, however we had problem when we order taxi for our early departure in the morning to catch our train back to Beijing. First the reception said okay they will call taxi for us however at night time when we confirm the time to go to the train station around 4.30am in the morning, she said she can not call the taxi and we have to go out and find taxi ourself which I thought was very bad service. I would not stay here anymore just to avoid the hassle of communication. It cost CNY 400 per night (usd60).
bathroom
bathroom
bedroom
view from the room
cotton_foam says:
I agree, not a service oriented!!
Posted on: Jan 31, 2016