Three Wise Monkeys Pub

555 George Street, Sydney, Australia

Three Wise Monkeys Pub Sydney Reviews

christl3 christl3
Affordable Food Mar 12, 2013
After finding the restaurant we had planned to go to with a half-hour queue outside of it we opted for pub food at a cheap price at the Three Wise Monkeys Bar in the centre of Sydney on George Street. They do cheap but filling and delicious pub food every day (i believe the prices increase after 8pm though!).

We sat upstairs and we both got fish and chips at $12 each. It was a big portion and it was yummy! I suppose they make their money on the $9 pints though.

We went back another time and got the nachos to share ($12) and the wedges ($10) and they were both delicious. Good food here.

The only thing i didn't like was how dark it was upstairs and most of the seating would render it impossible to eat your food as the tables are lower than the seats. We were lucky to find a tall table. It's also a little cold in there due to the air-con so bring a jacket.

Allover we were quite happy with what we got for the price.
bohemiaworld says:
Ahhh I remember this place well ....great pub... god I miss Australia !! It was snowing today and I was really missing sitting on Manly in the sun..... Another cool review :)
Posted on: Mar 26, 2013
vforfun says:
Pleasure is all mine to read :) :)
Posted on: Mar 13, 2013
christl3 says:
Thanks very much :) I appreciate that :)
Posted on: Mar 13, 2013
Adrian_Liston Adrian_L…
Proper Australian pub in Sydney Jan 31, 2009
I quite like the three monkeys pub. It is the type of place that I missed after leaving Adelaide, a proper Australian pub. It is in a nice old building on George Street (in 1886, the building is heritage listed), and has a dark polished wood atmosphere inside. During the day it is a good place for quiet drinks and a decent pub meal, during night it becomes quite active upstairs with pool tables and a dance floor. I highly recommend it to Australian visitors who want to see a typical Australian pub while in Sydney. It is also a good place to meet people, because anyone walking down George Street will spot the three monkeys above the door.

Trading Hours

Monday to Thursday 10am to 3am

Friday 10am till 4am

Saturdays and Public Holidays 11am to 4am

Sunday 11am to 3am
ricardi says:
Awesome no-fuss pub - don't expect posh drinkers here, it's quite the attraction for travellers though!
Posted on: Jan 03, 2011