Pestalozzistraße 25, Berlin, Germany

Thomas-Eck Berlin Reviews

haidgirl haidgirl
Portions are massive, Prices are not Jun 04, 2016
After spending almost a week in Berlin and not having any "German" food, I thought we should venture out and find a place that offers up more traditional German food.

I found this place in a travel book that basically said this place was traditional, big portions for a little price...and yep, that's exactly what it was!

I was going to order a mini schnitzel with mushroom sauce and fried potatoe, plus a side of the seasonal asparagus. My husband was going to have the regular sized schnitzel with fries. However, the waitress said that was going to be way too much food so she altered my order so I wouldn't have two helpings of potato. I didn't realise the asparagus was coming with potato too! Even with the extra portion of potatoes off the order, we still had too much food!

Word to the wise: if you are ordering a schnitzel meal, go for the 'mini' plate! The only difference between the two is you get one (mini) or two (regular) slabs of tenderized meat. You will not go away hungry!!

My schnitzel didn't taste much like anything, but the hubby's tasted like liver!? Not sure what the difference was.

The fried potatoes were my favourite part of the meal, even more so than the asparagus! Get the fried potato!! They are like whole, small, baked potatoes without the skin...melt in your mouth!

They sell water by the bottle; you can't have water from the tap. So you might as well buy a beer, it's about the same price! lol

Price for a mini schnitzel was €6.90!! Bargain!!
schnitzel with mushroom sauce
fried potato and asparagus with bu…

Check Berlin Hotel Deals