Thomas Cook Airlines

Manchester, England

Thomas Cook Airlines Manchester Reviews

jeminigirl jeminigi…
Lacking Customer Service Sep 23, 2011
Given that we were travelling abroad for the first time with my nine month old niece we booked our holiday to Malta through the Thomas Cook website given that it worked out cheaper than visiting one of their agencies on the high street (all to do with Internet discount.) They were very good with their communication, sending emails with various information and our tickets arrived three weeks prior to departure.

I have no issues with the counter staff in the actual travel agency either as we popped in a couple of times with a number of queries with regards to travelling with an infant for the first time. They were extremely helpful, likewise when we arrived at Manchester airport at 3.30am to check in, the service was great.

On boarding the aircraft the crew were very attentive and friendly and the aircraft itself was clean and tidy. We departed on time and were given lots of info with regards to the regions that we were flying over.

On arrival at Luqa airport, they were quick to get the luggage off loaded from the aircraft.

We met our rep in the arrivals area and he was exceptionally quick to direct us to the coach. The transfer itself was not as quick as usual, though we were exceptionally lucky as our hotel was the first drop off point.

Our return journey home is where I have serious issues with the company over its customer service.

1) We were told to be in the reception area of the hotel for 8am, the rep did not show his face until 8.20am and he was quite rude when asking for names, the coach did not show up until 8.35am

2) The rep did nothing to help my sister and I who were struggling with two cases, two lots of hand luggage, a buggy and a baby - directing us to put the buggy on one side of the coach and leave the cases at the other side whilst he just stood and watched, we were not expecting any kind of special treatment but "do you need any help?" would not have gone a miss.

3) The check-in scenario was a complete nightmare - 3 desks were open, with a queue of passengers behind each, the rep then started to criss cross passengers to different desks.

4) We were allocated seats that were not together, even though the check-in clerk kept insisting that they were. To cut a long story short we were at the desk for 10 minutes before being given seats together. Surely a huge company like Thomas Cook would know that families travelling with small children and babies need to be seated together and not on different sides of the aircraft.

To be honest there was no customer service on our return journey what so ever. It seemed to me that in their eyes we had had our holiday, they had had their money and it was just a case of transporting us all back home.

I would like to think that their staff were just having an 'off' day but I would think twice before booking through them again.
jeminigirl says:
Possibly, but our main bug bear was the actual rep allocated to our resort, he was neither use nor ornament to be honest :)
Posted on: Oct 22, 2011
vulindlela says:
Maybe the staff in Malta is contract??
Airlines often contract staff in smaller stations.
Posted on: Oct 22, 2011