Thảo Trang

Check Da Lat Hotel Deals

Thảo Trang Da Lat Reviews

yoanna87 yoanna87
Avoid it! Apr 14, 2012
We came to Da Lat during Chinese New Year and we didn't book anything in advance so it was difficult to find a place to stay - everything was either fully booked or very expensive. So we were happy when we found this hotel as at least it was affordable.

The room looked ok, typical standard double bedroom with a TV (no wi-fi though). The bathroom was en-suite and it was also just average.

It turned out that this is not a hotel (despite the name) but more of a guesthouse - there were only three rooms upstairs available for guests. The owners were living downstairs and their living room was a reception. You had to go through it to go outside (not really nice when there is a family watching telly..).

But it all would have been ok if it hadn't been for the staff who made our stay awful. They didn't speak any English but that wasn't much of an issue as somehow we managed to communicate anyway. But the thing is that when we were going out for dinner we were told that we have to be back by 11pm!!! and it was 9.40 (and the town centre was like 15mins away by walking so not much time to eat at all.. not to mention that we wanted to stay out for a drink or two). The owners were very unpleasant to us but at the end agreed to wait till 12. And the other thing we didn't like was that they were going into our room every time we were out - and it had nothing to do with room service. It happened even when we went out for the mentioned dinner so at night. And they were always switching off the hot water (which I left switched on on purpose as I wanted to have a nice hot shower when I'm back.. but no, I came back and the water was freezing cold!). And you'll be woken up early in the morning (6am) by a loud telly and screaming children. So I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, it's not worth the money at all.

Check Da Lat Hotel Deals