Thitch guesthouse

Kampot, Cambodia
Thitch guesthouse - the sign on the street
Thitch guesthouse - the guesthouse building
Thitch guesthouse - the bathroom
Thitch guesthouse - the restaurant

Check Kampot Hotel Deals

Thitch guesthouse Kampot Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Very basic room Apr 02, 2014
I should follow my feeling when choosing the place to stay instead of believing the other guests reviews from the internet. This is the second time I had bad place to stay in Cambodia. Nothing against backpacker, but when it has a rating of 7.8 points on the net and the reviews say the place is clean, and nice, I assume it is clean and good. Unfortunately people perception is different and I have a slightly higher standard compare with other backpacker. I prefer to pay more for clean room than just a cheap place to stay.

The guesthouse located right at the river front with a bar and restaurant upfront and the room on the first, and second floor. This place cater to backpacker mostly since they only has one private en suite room and the rest is two big room for 10 dorm rooms. There is a terrace and supposedly a bar on the roof top but the bar was not open when I go up to check in the afternoon.

When I arrive in this place, I was not sure if I want to stay but I just arrive and not sure where to find other place. So I though it should be okay to stay for one night and move the next day. The place is okay when I check since the door was open, but not really clean. I asked the staff to clean the room and she did clean it for me. When I settle in and close the room, there was a strange smell come from the bathroom. It seems the drainage is not working well – no water flooding in the bathroom when I have shower but there were sewer smell come from it, so not nice.

Plenty of mosquitos in the room and luckily when I asked for mosquitos spray, they have it, so I spray the whole room and then leave.

I have a family room with one double bed and 2 bunk beds, and one desk on it. The mattress is really thin and cheap stuff, when I sit on it, and sleep, I can feel the board under the mattress on my whole body. My body aching all over the next morning. No other furniture in the room so it was kind of strange. The room only has fan and it was so hot at night time. I sweat like pig in this place and could not sleep, keep waking up the whole night. There were power shortage early in the morning at 4.30am and take a while before power come back again. I move out early in the morning before 8am.

It cost usd 10 per night. Personally, I would not recommend this place since there are plenty of better and cheap guesthouse around the area. This place is not that clean to my standard, so I am not sure why other people rate it as clean and good place to stay. Btw, wifi is free and I get a connection from the room.
the guesthouse building