Think about a high-end non SLR digital

United States

Think about a high-end non SLR digital Reviews

bobloeb bobloeb
Sep 22, 2007
A couple of years ago I had a Pentax 35mm manual and was looking to go digital. I did look at the Pentax digital which had just come out in order to see about leveraging my existing lens which were really not that great to start with. I use my camera for traveling and really did not want to take along lens. In my search I found the Panasonic Lumix DMCFZ30 which is not a dslr but lets you do almost as much without being able to swap lens. My Lumix has one very good 12x Leica based lens with all of the zoom done internally and manually. Since a lens does not have to retract the camera starts really quickly and the rechargable battery lasts a long time since all of the zooming is done manually. The camera looks and feels like a SLR. While the digital eyepiece is not all that great it is usable and you do get the feel of a slr by seeing what the lens sees even if it is not all that sharp. Another great feature is the anti-shake which allows you to take pictures in low light and at the high zoom without a tripod. Check out my profile which has a link to my photos. There are some issues with this camera, like noise, so you should read the reviews and see if this camera suits your needs. Hope that helped.