Things you need to know about Caramoan
Things you need to know about Caramoan Reviews
Must know about Caramoan Mar 21, 2009
From Naga GTExpress Terminal take a van that will bring you to San Jose Sabang Port. Fare price is at P90.00/head.
From Sabang Port take a banca going to Guijalo Port. Fare price is at P120.00/head. (Please take note that the last banca trip going to Guijalo Port is at 11 o’clock in the morning.)
From Guijalo Port take a tricycle going to Bikal Port. Fare price is at P20.00 – P50.00/head. You will pass-by the town center (Centro as the locals call it) of Caramoan along the way. It’s pretty bumpy and dusty.
From Bikal Port rent a banca going to the islands of Caramoan. Banca rent price depends on the destination regardless of the number of passenger. Minimum is at P1500.00 whole day (Matukad, Honogan Beach “if accessible”, and Lahuy/Lajos Island.) You may ask the boatman to bring you to Brgy. Tabgon and ascend to the Shrine of Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary situated at the top of a mountain with 525 steps. “It’s tough to go up but very rewarding. PENITENSYA NA DIN!”
Tips and pointers:
1. The locals are very helpful and kind. “As in innate.” You may always ask for assistance without hesitations.
2. Bring Snorkeling gear, shades, lots of water, pack lunch and sunblock lotions. First aid as well as you may encounter sharp limestone formations that might cut you.
3. Last trip of tricycle going to Centro from Guijalo port is at 5pm.
4. Last trip of boat going to Guijalo from Sabang is at 11am. (1st trip 530am, 2nd trip 7am, 3rd trip 8am, 4th trip 9am)
5. Last trip of boat going to Sabang from Guijalo Port is at 11am. Otherwise you will rent a banca worth P2, 500.00 to bring you to Sabang. (1st trip 7am, 2nd trip 9am)
6. You may find most of the basic needs in the town center. However, most of the stores closes early.
7. Come early to Sabang as much as possible. You should be there by 6am to get the earliest boat going to Guijalo. The earlier the better so you could maximize more time going to and from the islands and beaches.
8. Caramoan is blessed with bountiful marine life. Fresh caught fish are available in the morning and in the afternoon. The best place to buy is in the ports of Bikal and Guijalo. Lapu2x, Maya2x, assorted salt-water fish cost only for P50-P90.00/kilo. Malasigue or Blue Marlin is at P120.00. You may buy also from the fisherman still aboard their small fishing vessels. It’s cheaper there. However, once these fishes displayed in the local market, the price will shoot-up a bit.
Part of the 2009 MARCH CARAMOAN ADVENTURE travel blog
1 / 1 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!