Things to do on Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos Islands
Santa Cruz Island, Ecuador
Things to do on Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos Islands Reviews
Things to do on Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos Islands Apr 20, 2009
Things to do on Santa Cruz Island
For the independent travelers:
• Go to Isabela Island overnight for 2 nights. This must be arranged a few days prior. The water taxi leaves at 2pm one day and returns 6am another day.
• Go to the Darwin Station, it’s free. You can listen to a guide who is already guiding another group.
• Go to Playa La Estacion. It’s a cute little beach very close to the Charles Darwin Station. While in the water, I saw huge manta rays there.
• Walk inside the Red Mangrove Hotel, through the dining room to see a great view of Academy Bay.
• After sunset, walk to the area where there is a fish market during the day. In the shallow water, you will see sharks, sea lions and manta rays come near shore for the scraps of fish left by the pescadoras.
• In the evening, walk down to the volley ball court where you can see Ecuavolley ball. It’s on the main Avenue.
• Get lunch or dinner at a local restaurant away from the main street, Charles Darwin Avenue. There is a street filled will restaurants serving locals during lunch. I had great chicken, rice, fruit juice and desert for $3.00.
• Take a water taxi to Tortuga Bay. It has 2 beach areas. Very beautiful place. Take a lunch and water snorkel gear and stay awhile. Then take the taxi to la Playa del Perros to see lots of Sea iguanas.
• Go to Las Grietas. Wear bathing suit and proper foot gear for walking on small and large lava rocks.
• Go to the Giant Tortoise Ranch, it costs $3.00. Wear long pants because you will be walking through fields.
• Go to the lava tunnel. It’s near the tortoise ranch. It costs $2.00
Part of the Quito and The Galapagos Islands, Ecuador travel blog
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!