Things to check out in London
Things to check out in London Reviews
Jun 10, 2007
I don't know what sort of things you like, but here are some random ideas from an almost-Londoner:
* All 'major' museums are free (Thank you Ken Livingstone - London's Mayor). Check out the Natural History Museum (as seen in Disney's 'One of our dinosaurs is missing' ;P).
* Whilst you're near the Natural History Museum, go to the Science Museum too.
* Also free is the British Museum, which is huge, and a lot grander than the other two (and a bit more aloof)
* Visit tourist areas of interest: China Town, Covent Garden etc
* Visit Non-tourist areas: Go on the tube out beyond Zones 1-2. The Western end of the Met line (Chesham, Amersham etc) are somewhat more rural, whilst the Eastern end of the Central Line has Epping Forrest
A Bit more expensive:
Go on a London Duck Tour (google for 'London Duck Tours' :) ) It's a well spent £17 (seventeen quid in the local lingo)
Hope this helps!
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Related Travel Blogs About Things to check out in London
Travel blog so far|
January 03 2007 Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline. I checked my watch…London for 11 years and we were chatting for much of the flight, turns out she had a boyfriend ��" something she only mentioned after several hours, which…
Day 8 - London|
Our last day in London we had seen most of the sightseeing spots that we wanted and so we resolved to spend the day checking out the happenings in London and just a few more places. It was a big week…checking out the happenings in London and just a few more places. It was a big weekend in London and the first thing…
"Where the hell is everybody?"|
My first 24-hours in London was spent wondering: where the hell is everybody? I had always imagined London to be a British NYC - crowded streets of people bustli…London. I checked an item off my Things To Do Before I Die list! I saw the Tower…