Thieving Treks Agency Clear Sky Treks.

Thamel - Kathmandu, Kathmandu, Nepal
+977 -1-4701469,4700029

Thieving Treks Agency Clear Sky Treks. Kathmandu Reviews

NorKayakdtibule NorKayak…
Clear Sky Treks - Thieves' Agency. Aug 13, 2014
Beware the thieves.

This july I went for the second time to Nepal. Since I like to travel light and use only a flight cabin bag of personal effects I decided to use my free 30kg allowed baggage to bring second hand clothes for kids to a small village up in the mountain in Dadhing district.

Since there are no vehicules able to go all the way up there I hired the service of Clear Sky Treks for a couple of porters and a guide. I knew the guide, Sashi Adhikari, from my first trip; he seemed really nice then. So nice I thought that when he told me he and his brother in law were starting their own trekking agency I made this amateur web site to help them to be better known. So also, for that second trip in Nepal I chose their trekking agency. Naturally...

But, but... While I was discuting the price with the manager my good guide Sashi Adhikari was robbing from the bags let in the adjacent room. Which I noticed immediatly but I had already paid with a Visa card, so it was too late to get my money back, and thus I chose to keep my mouth shut in order not to make the rest of the trip too unpleasant.

Once I was in my hotel room I had a look at the bill given by Clear Sky Treks. They had said that I would be charged 4.5% extra as bank fee for paying with Visa card. Now the details of the bill showed that I had been charged over 9%. Still for the same reason I kept my mouth closed. This 9% added to the already overpriced trek; of course.

For the fee I paid it was supposed to be 2 porters, but since the bags had been emptied quite a lot in the office I was left with only 1 porter, which was enough now of course, but I had paid for 2 nonetheless.

Arrived at the village my guide Sashi Adhikari was supposed to show me around and explain a little the work in the rice pads. It was monsoon and I wanted to learn a little about that. Instead my guide went to get drunk with the villagers.

For the fee paid I was also to sleep in a bed in a guesthouse. The guesthouse turned out to be a stinky goats' shed with not even a blanket.

The plans was to go on for some more days with my guide for other things. But seing how things turned out I fired him as soon as I had distributed the clothes I brought with me.

After my complaining, the manager of Clear Sky Treks offered to refund me. But since that it is a long chain of lies and dum excuses and I now know that I won't never see my money again :)

I won't see my money but I hope by this post make people aware of the practices of Clear Sky Treks, its manager Ram Chandra Basnet and that one guide Sashi Adhikari.

Didier Tibule