Thien Trung Hotel

Check Hoi An Hotel Deals

Thien Trung Hotel Hoi An Reviews

jennamikaela jennamik…
Cheap aircon/fan room in Hoi An May 15, 2011
The location was perfect for me, away from the nightlife but if you want to be a part of it it's just a 5 minute walk from the hotel. There is wifi (i'm actually writing this in my room at the Thien Trung hotel. I am paying 12 USD for a room with aircon, two beds but i am alone. If you only want a fan room it's 10 USD. You can rent a bicycle at the hotel for 1 USD per day. There is a TV and a fridge in the room and the bathroom has a shower and a tub. Most hotels cost around 15-25 dollars so 10-12 dollars is on the cheap end in Hoi An.
Paulovic Paulovic
Very unfriendly staff Jul 29, 2010
The Thien Trung Hotel was definately the worst hotel I stayed in during my Vietnam holidays. It already started on arrival. In the bus from Hue to Hoi An we searched in our Lonely Planet for a good place to stay. But they didn't had rooms left in the hotel we choose. It was a bit out of town anyway. But that hotel wanted to bring us for free to one of their other hotels. (As said before, a lot of hotels have like "sister hotels" in the same town.) But this one was overbooked too, but we were at least a little closer to the centre. After a few minutes we arrived at Thien Trung Hotel. We wanted to check in but the woman behind the reception was already very unfriendly and didn't say anything more than "passport!". She gave us a key for the worst located room, at the left arround the corner. You could not see it from the street and it was on the ground floor in between a wall of the hotel and the wall between the hotel and the neighbours, so a bit cloustrofibic too there. They were busy there with a leak in the bathroom so we had to wait for a few minutes. Those few minutes turned out in much longer, so we decided to have lunch somewhere first. After a while we could go inside the room where they forgot some implements that they used for the leak. The room was quite good, it was big and also the bathroom was. So that was probably the best. The negative thing was the door from the room to the bathroom, when you locked it, you could still open it. But that is not too bad since the room was a private room. In the morning when we ordered breakfast, it took a very long time before it was ready and half of the drinks on the menu they didn't actually have!

The location is not the best, it's a bit outside the cozy old town of Hoi An. But it's not too bad to walk a bit. So definitely better than the hotel itself!

They did help us with booking a tour and we could also buy the bus tickets for leaving there too, but not being to friendly of course! There was also a swimming pool outside, where we could take a fresh swim after a hot day of a tour. But the water was not very fresh at all, it was very dirty! Although the outside and interior of the main entrance and reception look very nice, the service from the staff is the opposite. Worst of the worst.

Unfortunately I did only take one pictures of the hotel but from the inside, it would have been easier for directly recognizing it if I took one from the outside. But I would everyone going there definately NOT recommend staying in this hotel! They are definately not valuable for the price you pay, not even valuable for any price at all! Try to book a better one in advance, since this may be the only one left when arriving in Hoi An.

Sad we had to leave the wonderful town Hoi An, but happy we could leave this bad hotel.
Hotel room
nyprne says:
Too bad about the staff. Congrats in your feature.
Posted on: Jun 11, 2011
monky says:
Congrats on this latest featured review have a great day!
Posted on: Jun 11, 2011
Paulovic says:
Same here! I've stayed at places much worse than this one with great crew! Much better!
Posted on: Jun 04, 2011
fransglobal fransglo…
Not great Apr 05, 2010
This was bordering on below average. Definitely not the best place I have stayed in Vietnam or on my current trip.

US$12 for good size room with ensuite. Room was dark. Bit of a musty smell.

The hotel was noisy, with street noise, staff noise and guest noise. Very poor sound insulation in tooms. I could hear every word spoken in adjoining room.

No wifi but four computer terminals in reception, but only two worked and were often busy.

A major plus though was that there is a swimming pool - good enough one.

For the price, this place was fine but I would definitely look for somewhere else if I went back to Hoi An.
Paulovic says:
Hey Francis, isn't that cool? We stayed in the same crap hotel :P
Posted on: Jun 04, 2011
verdeen verdeen
Good value for money Dec 20, 2009
The GH comes with a swimming pool, free internet and a small restaurant. The room I had was a bit dark but it had everything I needed.

It's a short walk from the city center, which can get very dark during the night as in some streets all public lights are switched off. This can give an uncomfortable feeling..

Check Hoi An Hotel Deals