Thien Thien

7 Blk J Abd Razak Complex
(673) 242-2719
Thien Thien - Interior of Thien Thien - Gadong Branch.
Thien Thien - Hanging Menu on the wall.
Thien Thien - Yummy Hainan chicken rice.
Thien Thien - Hainan Chicken Rice with the chilli sauce on it.
Thien Thien - Laksa.

Thien Thien Reviews

Abaloney Abaloney
Thien Thien Chicken rice Jun 21, 2011
Thien Thien, one of the oldest and addictive chicken rice restaurants in Brunei. It has been around for years (i.e. since I am still a kid). For us locals, Thien Thien needs no introduction. Being one of the loyal customers, I would normally go Thien Thien at least 3 times in a month and I will order either a plate of Hainan Chicken Rice or have a go at their Laksa.

If you ask me what is so special with the chicken rice in Thien Thien? I would say it is the ambience + memory + flavor. For overseas Bruneian, it might be classified as the nostalgia. Ha ha ha……..As the restaurants do not have any air-conditioner being put up, hence, it is always a good idea to sit near to the entrance for some cool air. [As Brunei is a country with hot tropical climate.]

Basically, Thien Thein offers Hainan chicken rice, Laksa, Soto, Stir-Fry noodles and Kolo Mee. And the most favourite/signature food here is the Hainan Chicken rice and Laksa.

Even though the chicken rice looks plain and simple, but TRUST ME, the rice does has it own “unique” taste/aroma. The rice is perfectly cooked with chicken stock, not too sticky or garlicky. Moreover, the chicken is tender, moist and smooth. When mixed with the soya sauce and sesame oil, it is so heavenly. Once you have the first scoop, you will not be able to stop. Being a drumsticks lover, whenever I go there, I will order the Drumstick chicken rice.

Besides chicken rice, its Laksa taste well too. Other than the rich taste of coconut milk and shrimp, adding a hint of sour lime (also known as “kasturi”) juice to the Laksa makes it enchanting. Since I am greedy of trying both Mee Hoon (i.e. vermicelli) and yellow noodle, I will always order my Laksa to be “KAHWIN”. (This means that there will be a mixture of the yellow noodle and white vermicelli.)
Interior of Thien Thien - Gadong B…
Hanging Menu on the wall.
Yummy Hainan chicken rice.
Hainan Chicken Rice with the chill…
Brunei Map