Theresa Inn Guesthouse

Check Jaffna Hotel Deals

Theresa Inn Guesthouse Jaffna Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Theresa Inn Guesthouse Jun 08, 2013
Since I arrived in Jaffna city by bus and it is almost dark at 6.30 pm, I opt to go to the top choice recommendation by lonely planet guide book and I take tuk tuk to go to this place from the bus station. It takes awhile to arrive in this place from the bus station at city centre and it cost Rs1,000 by tuk tuk. It seems cannot bargain in this city as tuk tuk driver put their price as it is.

When I arrived in this guesthouse, there is nobody at the front of the house and it was dark as well inside the house. And the guesthouse has a large garden with a gate outside and a couple of sausage dogs outside roaming the garden. After calling awhile and someone probably the owner come out to the front door. Luckily there is room available there, since I do not have any reservation with them and it is getting dark and quite spooky in the new city without any place I recognise.

The room itself is quite small and basic, but very clean, located at the back garden separate from the main house. Inside the room has one single bed, one table and chair and air condition and ensuite bathroom with hot water. It has internet for the whole building but need to pay for the internet access. I do not remember how much does it costs but it is not that expensive.

I originally asked if I could have dinner with them, but they said they have dinner at 8.30pm and at that time I was starving as I have not eaten lunch since I was on the bus ride since early in the morning, so I did not try their cook meal, instead I walked out to find an open restaurant nearby.

The location of this guesthouse is close to the lake and one of Hindu temple but since I do not like walking much, it is quite far to the restaurant and other sights. The guesthouse also rent a bicycle with a fee, do not remember how much does it cost, but I do rent the bicycle and also tuk tuk plus the driver from them to explore the city and Jaffna peninsula.

The tuk tuk and driver to explore the peninsula for the whole day is quite expensive as it is using meter. Probably cheaper if negotiate a fix price. The driver is really good and he speaks quite English quite well. He drives the tuk tuk to the sights of interest and gives explanation if he know the place and asked if I want to stop at the place interest me. Most of the places in Jaffna is free of charge not like in other side of cities where everything has to pay higher fee to enter the sights.

I only stayed one night at this place as I found a better and bigger room which also owned by the same owner (his brother in law).
hotel sign outside the gate
the front gate with the security h…
the hotel building
the garden
spocklogic says:
Tuk Tuk seems not negotiable for a good price in this area. That is unusual?
Posted on: Sep 07, 2013