Theehuis 't Hunebed

47 Van Helomaweg, Havelte, Netherlands

Theehuis 't Hunebed Havelte Reviews

pms70 pms70
Typical tourist cafe Mar 22, 2009
After visiting the Hunebedden I took my girls to have lunch here. It was quite busy as you would expect on a pleasant day like this, mostly with tourists.

We found a table and sat down. Someone came around to bring us the menu and take our drinks order. They were pleasant enough but came across as someone who were there to do a job, not because they liked it. One of my daughters wanted wanter and I was forced to buy a bottle of water as they were not allowed to just give her water from the tap.

I ordered a tomato soup for my four year old daughter and a soup of the day (curry) for myself. My eldest daughter decided on a pancake and they do have special children's pancakes. I asked if it was possible to get this with bacon and cheese as she likes it, and that was no problem.

Both soups were quite watery I thought, I prefer my soup a little thicker. The flavour was ok though. They had thrown in some "fresh" vegetables which my daughter didn't really appreciate. The meatballs in the tomato soup obviously came from a tin or packet or something, definitely not home made!

Tha pancake was very nice and still quite big for a child so I got to have some too... :-)

When I went to pay, I was quite shocked. Turned out that they were charging 1,50 for the two slices of bacon and 1,50 for the slice of cheese they had put on the pancake, doubling the price of the pancake! As they had not mentioned this when I asked for them to be added to the pancake I decided to try and bargain them down, with success! I ended up paying 1,50 in total for the bacon and cheese...

After lunch we went outside and the girls played for a little while in the playground that's out the back. They had fun for a while and thought that was the best thing about the place of course!

If you are in the area and hungry, I would say this is an ok place, but if you are looking for friendly service I would advise you to go into one of the places in the village of Havelte.
Front view (Photo taken from inter…

Check Havelte Hotel Deals