Theatero Dom Pedro

Rua de S.Lourenco

Theatero Dom Pedro Reviews

joehobo joehobo
Theatrics at the Theatre de Dom Pedro Aug 22, 2014
Walking from Senado square towards the St. Augustines church and arriving at the church you will get to see three attractions in one go. The church, St. Josephs Seminary and the Theatre de Dom Pedro.Climbing a flight of stairs or may be driving a few meters uphill just opposite the Jesuit house stands this well maintained, guarded,clean and small theatre which was built in 1860 in honour of the Portuguese King Peter the fifth.This is a declared heritage site and its history declares that it was the first opera theatre in Macau and also a place of the important Macaun functions. Unfortunately there were no shows on the day of my visit and no one was allowed to go on stage.The visitors were as disappointed as me and so I had no choice but to enthrall them and at the same time make my debut in the Theatre with a demo of my Kalari (indian version of Ju Jitsu) skills in the balcony of this heritage site.

It was a free show of fun and this theatre did make a few audience smile and giggle at my theatrics.I am now very proud that I did perform well and carry happy memories from the Theatre de Dom Pedro.

Entrance is free and of the many places around the square this place is a don't miss it site if you want to get to know of the magnificent 1860's and thereafter.
Zagnut66 says:
I'm sure you gave a four-star performance, Martin!
Posted on: Aug 22, 2014