Highway 11 , Al Rahba, United Arab Emirates

The insane long fence Al Rahba Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Must be a steady job to keep it white Feb 07, 2011
Along the road from Abu Dhabi and driving towards Dubai you have a quite large white and green fence running next to highway 11, which is pretty much insane to my opinion. I don’t actually know if it has a function, but it looks like some just had the means to make it and so he did.

The fence is about 2½ meters high and most of it is painted white with a green steel topping. Building and painting this fence must have been quite a task. I think I counted the fence to be at least 34 kilometres long which beat the closest one I have seen before with quite some distance, even though I must admit that I am not a specialist in fences.

I don’t want to think how much money this must have cost but it must be a fair amount.
Chokk says:
Thank you for clearing this out. I was truly puzzled. It must have been a huge project to build and paint
Posted on: Mar 04, 2011
EhabZ says:
Actually the answers have arleady been said! It has two functions, keeping camels (not cattle) of the road and ofcourse sand barrier. You may not believe it but the desert on the other side of the fence is full of shrubs and small plants, which make it a good grazing ground for camels, and trust me, you don't want a 1 ton camel crossing the road when you're driving at 140 km/h. If you noticed, that on the Dubai part of the highway, they have a wire fence instead (less extraveagant! ).
Posted on: Mar 04, 2011