The empty Shell

Deneral Jankovic, Serbia

The empty Shell Deneral Jankovic Reviews

Chokk Chokk
IT'S A GAS, GAS, GAS!! Aug 18, 2010
Just before the border to Macedonia in the small city of Đeneral Janković I saw this huge Shell gas station which suited me fine because I was low on gas and I have a Shell gas card. The gas station was enormous; to my guess it was one of the biggest I have seen since I left Germany, but when I got closer I saw it was an empty shell – in all senses.

There were two guys sitting there in front, wearing all the company clothes you could imagine and they were cleaner than two guys getting ready for a spot in a commercial.

I stopped the car and one of the guys came to me smiling; I was still amazed how he was shining in his bright red and yellow uniform and how much Shell accessories he had; hat, shoulder bag, socks even shoes! I told him to fill it up and so he did.

When I wanted to pay with my card it was not possible; they had no connection, no machines, nothing. They had only themselves all dressed up in an empty Shell setting.

I could not help myself laughing; at least these two guys had the ambition about being shell guys and they had work in an area where there were not that much to do.
IT'S A GAS, GAS, GAS!!
So much space and nothing to do
vances says:
lol - Macedonian version of the shell game?
Chokk says:
I guess it is everywhere:D
sarahsan says:
I can just guess where all the Mercedes´s with Albanian license plates come from! It´s big business in my country!
Deneral Jankovic Map