The empty Shell

Deneral Jankovic, Serbia

The empty Shell Deneral Jankovic Reviews

Chokk Chokk
IT'S A GAS, GAS, GAS!! Aug 18, 2010
Just before the border to Macedonia in the small city of Đeneral Janković I saw this huge Shell gas station which suited me fine because I was low on gas and I have a Shell gas card. The gas station was enormous; to my guess it was one of the biggest I have seen since I left Germany, but when I got closer I saw it was an empty shell – in all senses.

There were two guys sitting there in front, wearing all the company clothes you could imagine and they were cleaner than two guys getting ready for a spot in a commercial.

I stopped the car and one of the guys came to me smiling; I was still amazed how he was shining in his bright red and yellow uniform and how much Shell accessories he had; hat, shoulder bag, socks even shoes! I told him to fill it up and so he did.

When I wanted to pay with my card it was not possible; they had no connection, no machines, nothing. They had only themselves all dressed up in an empty Shell setting.

I could not help myself laughing; at least these two guys had the ambition about being shell guys and they had work in an area where there were not that much to do.
So much space and nothing to do
vances says:
lol - Macedonian version of the shell game?
Chokk says:
I guess it is everywhere:D
sarahsan says:
I can just guess where all the Mercedes´s with Albanian license plates come from! It´s big business in my country!
Deneral Jankovic Map