The city i was born

Frankfurt am Main, Germany

The city i was born Frankfurt am Main Reviews

ottielisa ottielisa
Nov 22, 2007
There we go...i just want to give you a place to go while traveling throug germany or even europe!

Frankfurt is the city i was born in 1990! Shortly after the wall in Berlin fell and germany became a hole country! but ja i dont want to talk about this historical thing!

However...some years before i joyend the world, my parents moved from Switzerland to Germany 'cause my dad got a job there. so my bro and me where born there and spent the first few years in Frankfurt.

Since we moved back to Switzeralnd 7 month after my birth i dont remember living there. The good conection my parents had to friends there made them going back a dew times a year for holidays and i got to know this wonderful city!

Its not one of the biggest cities and you can overlook it very easy!

Being a little girl everytime we went back there of course was a matter that i couldnt remember very much! A few years ago i asked my mom if we could not go for a long weekend 'cause i wanted to see where i was born and finally being able to keep the memory!=)

So we went back to visit some friends we keept contact over the last nearly 20 years!

Somhow my memory came back up when i saw some of the main places but many things where new!

We went to see the hospital (hospital zum Heiligengeist it was called) and actually went inside and my mom told me the hole story=)!

The skyline of Frankfurt is quite impressive, the high buidlings with so many different forms.

We also went to see where we used to live and it looked exactly like in my memory, i rememberd the family with that fluffy longhairy dog i loved to cuddle(they dont live there anymore). I just stood infront of that house, listeng to my mom and not knowing what to say! I just thought..hmm it was a part of my live but i just dont remember, strange feeling!

Every part of the city we passed my mom told me sories about how she went shopping there or whatever!

Of course we went shopping as well and this is really very much fun in Frankfurt!!! There is the main street called "Zeil" with many In-shops!

Its just such a natuarl town that you feel very welcome and home even if you normaly live in a little village in the landscape.

Ppl are very friendly and seem always happy!

Sorry i cant tell you about nightlive but from what i heard it must be quite good fun:D!

It was a special trip for me..going back to my past and Frankfurt will always be a part of my live and home!

Even if there is not much to see, its absolutly werth going there and have a look around!

Sorry for not having any photos! Really need to take some oneday i go back!

Check Frankfurt am Main Hotel Deals