The capital

New Delhi, India

The capital New Delhi Reviews

mildrednz mildrednz
Jul 30, 2007
Delhi is a typical capital - previously I had heard the term New Delhi and thought that was the name – but it turns out there are two Delhis, one new and one old. The separation is the Delhi gate which resembles le arch de triumph in France. Within Delhi are numerous replicas of the Grand temples and palaces 3 hours outside the city.

In Delhi the people are vibrant but the hiking prices can get tedious. Delhi has a friends club if you go on a tour they will take you to different friend all over town, just smile, look around and walk out. These are prescribed by the government so they are nothing to do with the guides. Don’t get angry they are just trying to do their job.

The sights and smells in Delhi are astounding – so many animals, so many people, so many rickshaws.

Although once you are outside Delhi that’s when you really hit the jack pot. WHen you realise the colours and contrasts of India in every breath, whiff and sight.
tbk1000 says:
Ah, the friends club. Yes they also have that in the Yucatan. I went to Merida in Mexico at Xmas and came across the same thing.
Posted on: Mar 10, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About The capital

New Delhi, Delhi - true capital for great country called India
Every time I go to Delhi, I find new places, new food and new places to stay. Trust me it improves every time one goes here. Some thing new has come up. Food amazing. If you have pallet for spicy foo… Every time I go to Delhi, I find new places, new food and new places to stay. Trust me it…
In-dia Land Of The Maharajas
This was a nice place to have a rest period - after months of hard traveling and being on the road, sometimes you need to have a break, to relax and enjoy peace and quiet so where better to have this…New Delhi, the capital city, home to 14 million inhabitants and I think having walked the streets and used the new Metro…

Check New Delhi Hotel Deals