The bishops’ arms

St. Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm, Sweden

The bishops’ arms Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
The bishops’ arms; both a restaurant and a pub Feb 11, 2010
I was looking for something to eat, because the offer from the hotel restaurant didn’t look that nice.

Much to my surprise it seems like Stockholm is full of British pubs; I didn’t walk far, just 300 meters from my hotel, Norrtull Hotel before I found the Bishops Arms.

The Bishops Arms was quite nice; as I entered I was met by the smile of two girls behind the bar. The waitresses were nice, fast and friendly; the pub was situated next to another big hotel and there were loads of different nationalities besides the native Swedes. I entered at 18.30 and the place was almost empty, but only 15 minutes later the place was almost full.

The reason that I walked was that I looked at the menu and they served moose burgers (16€); something I never had tested before, I just had to test it.

My first impression of the place was that it was very cozy; dark wood furniture, a long wooden bar with loads of different beers. Old fashioned wallpaper and loads of different stuff hanging everywhere; like lamps, old black and white pictures of people posing as cricket teams, a picture of pigs standing a field and even a red painted water pump. It was fun just to sit and watch all the decoration. The pub was quite large, it didn’t look like that at first but it continued far back from the entrance.

I asked for a beer to go along with my meal, and I knew that pale ale is hot in Sweden, so I asked for a local one of the kind. I got a Nils Oscar Indian Ale which turned out to be very tasty and the taste stayed fresh quite long; I was drinking in slow-mo!

After 20 minutes my burger got served. The moose burger looked nice and it tasted good, but to my taste it was too well done; the meat was too dry. The size of the burger was quite okay. There was some nicely toasted bread that had been roasted on the pan. A nice thing was the horse-radish sauce that had a good sting to it; almost giving me a brain freeze.

Later after my moose burger I ordered a beer called the Bishops Finger; it was also a Pale Ale, but a bit more sweet in its taste. I stayed for some time there because my hotel room was quite boring; they had all the newspaper as well, so I managed to do a lot of those. My evening ended with a Weihenstephan Weisbeer which also was a first time for me.

It was a nice pub dinner in a good place
Outside sign on the street
Sign next to the door
Inside the bar with the list of th…
The moose burger before the attack
Chokk says:
I have to check that one out Jeremy;)
vulindlela says:
I went to their Malmo location and enjoyed it.
Nice review!