The Zetter Hotel & Townhouse

The Zetter Hotel & Townhouse Rates and Deals

The Zetter Hotel & Townhouse London Reviews

mistere mistere
A hotel with character.. Jun 15, 2011
I stayed at this hotel in 2009 as it was mine and my girlfriends anniversary at the time and chose to stay here! This hotel is described as a boutique hotel. Personally I'm not all that certain what that means! I guess it means a hotel which isn't in a chain and has unique character. This hotel certainly has that!

The decor of the place was nearly all red walls with red and black patterned carpets! This is a lot different to the standard cream or white walls and bland carpet! We only stayed in a relatively small room but one of the walls was entirely brickwork which I thought was a nice touch!

The room also had a nice walk in shower and a wall mounted tv. We didn't actually go to the bar or restaurant as we ate out but it did look like a nice place to eat!

The location of the hotel in Clerkenwell is also a bonus as it is very central and so within walking distance of the landmarks. This place is quite expensive but I think you need to expect that from a hotel that isn't in a chain and one that is located in London.
This isn't my picture but it best …
talexand talexand
My favorite hotel in London so far Apr 30, 2009
So, I just took a job with Thomson Reuters at their Monmouth House office, near the Old Street tube stop. It's cool because it's in EC1, which is of course extremely central. There's plenty of cool little bars and restaurants all over the place, and it's not TOO pretentious.

Randomly, I once stayed at this hotel called "The Zetter", and I was pleasantly surprised at how modern it is. Think of it as the W hotel if the W a single, private hotel, and didn't try to be a night club. It's super modern, and has a great restaurant in it. The rooms are sorta small, but not terrible for London, and the showers are really cool.

One night, I came home from seeing a friend, and I saw the cute Hungarian girl who's often working the desk in the main lobby. She was going outside for a cigarette, and had clearly had a few drinks. Apparently, that night was one of the worker's birthday, and there was a big party in their reception room downstairs. We chatted for a bit, and eventually, the whole party was outside and going to a bar. So they adopted me and I ended up drinking and singing karaoke with half the hotel staff.

Now I'm a regular at the hotel. It's a bit pricy during the week, and cheaper on the weekends. The lowest I've paid is about 99 GBP, and the most is about 224 GBP. It's not the most amazing place I've ever stayed at, but certainly one of my favorites.

The Zetter Hotel & Townhouse Overview

The 4-star Zetter Hotel has 59 bedrooms, including 7 rooftop studios with patios and views of the London skyline. The rooms have all been individually designed to offer style, comfort and personality - focusing on the essentials: a great bed, a superb shower and cutting edge in-room entertainment.
Opened in March 2004 in the heart of one of London?s most exciting neighbourhoods, Clerkenwell. The Zetter is a hotel with an environmental conscience, and was built and designed using sustainable materials and energy efficient principles. The building?s five storey semi-elliptical atrium allows light to flood into the building naturally, rather than artificially, as is the norm. The hotel also has its own borehole drilled directly below the building, allowing it to tap into the large water reserves trapped in the chalk strata under London. This supply is not only used to heat and air condition the hotel, but is purified for both mains and for the bottled drinking water that is served in our restaurant and bedrooms. In recognition of this, The Zetter won two European Hotel Design Awards in 2004 for Best New Hotel and Best Design Innovation.

The Zetter Hotel & Townhouse Amenities

• Laundry service
  • Shops
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes