The World Buffet at Rio in Vegas

Las Vegas, Nevada

The World Buffet at Rio in Vegas Las Vegas Reviews

Eric Eric
Cheap and wide selection Sep 24, 2009
The World Buffet at the Rio is a lot cheaper than most other buffets (I think it was only $22 a person for lunch), and while the food is not incredible, it is definitely above average, and there is a wide selection.

I came here for lunch.

If you are a healthy eater, there are not much fresh fruits or veggies here. I think, for fruit, they only had oranges, cantaloupe, and watermelon. And I think the oranges were canned. Other than a simple salad bar, not much veggies that are not drenched in butter or thick sauces.

If you are a carnivore, the prime rib is quite good. They have crab and shrimp (which I didn't try), but surprisingly I couldn't find any fish (other than smoked salmon).

One negative -- waiting in line. Everyone pays at automated machines. For some odd reason, even though they have 4-5 rows of machines, they only were operating two of them. Maybe they were trying to take a cue from the Vegas clubs and force people to wait in line longer to make the buffet look cooler and more popular?
mkarinaa mkarinaa
The World Buffet at Rio in Vegas Sep 13, 2009
Well...its a buffet nothing really special about it. It does have some world food but so does every other buffet in Vegas. The food was alright. I wouldn't go there again.
cari cari
Jul 26, 2006
The World Buffet might be my favorite buffet ever if not for its inconsistency.I've been twice, but friends who have been more often claim that's its sometimes hit-or-miss at the Rio. I have to agree - the first time I went, I thought even the mighty Horn and Trumpet was being given a run for its money, but a second visit proved underwhelming.As far as price goes, it's not outrageous. Alcohol will cost you extra, but you can always just sit down at the Sports Book after your meal and get all the drinks you want for free. The breakfast buffet is my favorite of the meals - pancakes, waffles, bacon, and everything you could ever want are all right there. Lunch and dinner are slightly less impressive. All of the breakfast foods are replaced by easier-to-mess-up dishes which wilt slightly under the heat lamps.Based on my breakfast experience, the Rio World Buffet deserves five stars. After dinner, I'm going to give it four. The selection is excellent, the price is not bad, and the place is humongous, but the quality all depends on the day. As far as Vegas goes, however, the buffet is a pretty safe bet.
hannajax hannajax
Oct 31, 2005
There are always mixed feelings about buffets. There are those of us who can never quite decide what to eat, and would try everything on the menu; (if we had 10 stomachs) and those that are looking to be gluttons on a budget.I like a huge variety of foods from around the world, I love diversity, and never have one particular craving. Therefore, if I can recommend any buffet in Vegas, it is this one.This buffet continually gets voted Vegas' best, though you will also find many complaining that the food is second rate, the lines too long, and the wait not worth it. Well, let me give you the rundown. The buffet is open from 7am-10pm, seven days a week. Of course the breakfast array is more limited than dinner, but when you arrive first thing in the morning - you can avoid lines and know that everything is fresh. However, also note that because the selection here is so varied and vast, there are many stations at which you can have your food prepared fresh. (i.e.: sushi, mongolian bbq, teppan yaki)There is something for everyone here. Homemade pies, burgers and fries, pasta, mexican, japanese, chinese, great salad bar, and much much more. The key thing is temperance here. Get a spoonful of everything that delights your senses, then you can try everything!Breakfast is $13.99, Dinner $23.99. A lot of reviewers claim that these prices are too high. Perhaps they don't realize that they are paying for more than 300 dishes, all of which they could eat if they had room...

Check Las Vegas Hotel Deals