The Woodman Inn & Restaurant

The Woodman Inn & Restaurant, Faringdon, United Kingdom

The Woodman Inn & Restaurant Faringdon Reviews

Glamour88 Glamour88
The Woodman Inn & Restaurant Jun 09, 2010
I went to the Woodman’s Inn for Christmas lunch with my work colleagues, and although personally I am not too keen on pub Christmas roast dinners I found the pub very pleasant. It is situated in the small village of Fernham in the Vale of the White Horse and from the village there are great views of the Uffington White Horse.

When you walk into the pub it is quite dark, as it has all of the old, dark wooden beams and ceilings in place. The bar staff and waiters are very friendly, I think that for the entire time, and we were there for 6 hours plus, they always had a smile on their face. For larger parties there is a separate room, which can fit approximately 40 people, this room is a lot lighter although it still has the same décor but there are several large windows. There are also a lot of wood hunting artefacts decorated around the room.

As mentioned I’m not keen on pub roast dinners, but the soup which was creamed leak was delicious and so was the pudding, a white chocolate, Bailey’s cheesecake. The pub has a very pleasant atmosphere, and is a nice place to stop just for a drink with friends.

Check Faringdon Hotel Deals