The Woodford

Paul Street , Cork, Ireland

The Woodford Cork Reviews

Chokk Chokk
The Woodford May 31, 2008
After having walked the streets of Cork for some time I felt like lunch. I chose for no reason The Woodford. The Woodford is a fairly big pub in the heart of Cork's central shopping area. It looks tiny from the outside but is actually cavern-like inside with high ceilings and while it is essentially one space, there are quiet nooks here and there. Looking at the floor I which was well used I saw indication of some great and wild nights in this place.

The pub was fairly empty when I entered and the service where very swift. I got a table and a large glass of ice water with. I found it a nice gesture to give a free glass of water and I was actually very thirsty.

I look at the menu and found that The Woodford offers modern good value dishes like soups, hot and cold sandwiches, burgers and salads as well as a few bigger main course dishes. I chose a carbonara which were priced at 12,95 €. The food was really good and I was satisfied.

I liked the place and could come back if I was in Cork again, but next time I would come in an evening. It might be a Tuesday, since the receipt had written that there are acoustic sessions every Tuesday with Gavin Moore.
Here you can find it!
The pub
Chokk says:
Thanks :D
Posted on: May 12, 2011
phuncki_chic says:
Just a note for anyone that's looking into visiting The Woodford, it has since closed down but there are lots of options for lunch along Paul Street - Amicus, Bullys, etc!
Posted on: Oct 28, 2009