The Woman in Black

30 Russell Street, London, United Kingdom

The Woman in Black London Reviews

aditany aditany
an excellent choice Apr 19, 2009
i watched this with my sister, and i think you would get the idea of the quality of acting, production and seating. For me, the play was an excellent alternative to musicals. we weren't looking for a feelgood ending for the night, but wanted something with a strong and unusual plot. it is also a very universal theme - horror and death, though the setting is quite english. tickets on www.lastminute.com tend to go for about 20 pounds per head.
alto_clef alto_clef
The Woman In Black (play) Oct 14, 2008
There are alot of therates in london, they show all different shows, from aladdin, LOTR, but i was glad i picked "The Woman In Black"

The Woman In Black was orignally written by Susan Hill, but it has been in theatres since 1989.

If you want to watch a thriller/horror play then you might want to see this. There are only two actors in it, and this can be a bit dull, espically within the first ten to twenty minutes but the story and great acting skills is what makes the play amazing.

The show is about a man who tells his story trough and play by acting with anther man. The story is about his haunting experince in a old spooky womans house who died there. So it play in play

Through out the show there are frightening moments where they will make you "jump out of your seat", but the geart thing about this play is your not watching the actors telling a story you watching them acting out a story.

There are no fancy lights, or props, everything is basic, so there will be nothing you can be distracted from
alto_clef says:
hehe....next time in london..i advise you to see it
Posted on: Oct 16, 2008
Aditu says:
That sounds like something I'd like to see!
Posted on: Oct 15, 2008
tashi87 tashi87
Jun 19, 2007
The 'Woman in Black' is a very, very chilling play at Fortune Theatre in London, and the first play I ever saw.

It's based on the book of the same title by Susan Hill and does it justice. I couldn't sleep for a couple of nights after seeing it! That could be because I scare easily, or the face of the woman in black really does just stay in your mind.

Its a simple stage, so nothing can distract you and you are pulled completely into the play. I would definitely recommend it.
chrisbroadway says:
Agree, I loved the play. Word of warning to anyone over 5' 10" though, the seats at the Fortune theatre are tiny with very little leg room. At 6' 1" I osent most of the second half standing at the rear!
Posted on: Jul 05, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About The Woman in Black

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…London .   After I going a massive Toyota Land Cruiser with 2 Japanese girls and a guide and started out tour.   This took us in to a lion enclosure…
Tower of London and The Woman In Black
Today I decide to meet up with Matt to get tickets to a play at the half price ticket booth in Leicester Square.  We decide on The Woman In Black.  It's supposed to be scary and a thriller …Woman In Black.  It's supposed to be scary and a thriller so I have my hopes up.  We then head of to see the changing…

Check London Hotel Deals