The Winter Palace

Saint Petersburg, Russia

The Winter Palace Saint Petersburg Reviews

dolphiguy dolphiguy
St Petersburg Mar 16, 2011
Beautiful city, very clean too. You must check out The Hermitage museums , Peterhoff fountains are amazing. I thought people were friendly although I wish I knew the language too. Overall nice nice nice!!!!
stevemco stevemco
I you have the time! Nov 03, 2009
Ok... some may say… you see one palace you've seen them all. I’d probably agree with that considering the number I’ve seen. The Winter Palace is most defiantly no Versailles. The grounds are well kept and I'd estimate only 30% of the palace is restored and open to the public tour. If you have the time, consider it a ‘been there done that’ event.

Important: The comments express are mine and in no way intended to promote any product, service or tour. Also, I’m not here to write full ‘play by play’ reports on my experience simply to provide short first hand personal impression. As with all comments, reviews, recommendations on the internet, in books or magazines, they are SUBJECTIVE! We all have individual likes and dislikes and it is your responsibility to perform your own ‘due diligence’ and make educated choices. The bottom line… we live on an amazing planet and I’ve been fortunate enough to have explored a large piece of it. My only suggestion would be to get out there and enjoy every bit of it whenever you’re able.
tvillingmarit tvilling…
Dec 14, 2005
The Winter Palace with huge dimensions, rich decorative svheme and grand appearence is a personification of the might of the Russian Empire and the supreme power of its autocrat. The palace is on the left bank of the Neva.

Walking along suites of state rooms in the Winter Palace and the Hermitages, you can enjoy really superb examples of interior decoration ranking with the worlds best achievments.

Visiting The Winter Palace is a must when you visit St. Petesburg. As a museum including all the famous painters in the world, it is outstanding.

I read in a guide that experts means that it takes 11 years if you study each exhibit. I will recomend you to have a guided tour becaus it is difficult to chose what to see, and the guide will lead you to the most famuos paintings.
arbores says:
right on!
Posted on: Aug 09, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About The Winter Palace

Let's see if this place is actually centrally located
Saint Petersburg is only 2 hours by plane from Copenhagen. This should in principal make it an easy weekend travel destination. But this is Russia which means nothing is gonna be easy. To get into…Winter Palace . The Admiralty is actually the central building in all of Saint Petersburg - and not the Winter Palace . It is due to the history…
The Winter Palace
Last time I visited The Winter Palace the guide tould us that if we stoped infront of every exhibit in the Hermitage for one minute, we would need 8 years before we have seen them all. I read in a n… Last time I visited The Winter Palace the guide tould us that if we stoped infront of every exhibit in…

Check Saint Petersburg Hotel Deals