The Wild Cow Vegetarian Restaurant

www.thewildcow.com/twc - (615) 262-2717

The Wild Cow Vegetarian Restaurant Nashville Reviews

e_w_richardson e_w_rich…
Vegetarian Vittles Feb 27, 2013
Full disclaimer, neither my wife and I are vegetarian but enjoyed the place nonetheless.

Tucked into the side of a baby strip mall full of restaurants is the vegetarian/vegan themed restaurant The Wild Cow. The menu has all sorts of things that one would expect on a vegetarian restaurant. Salads, rice, tofu, beans, but the thing that makes The Wild Cow different is the way they're mixed together. My wife ordered a lentil bowl that was great and I ordered the "buffalo sauce beans 'n greens." It had a wonderful mix of kale, tofu, brown rice, and pinto beans all glazed with a buffalo barbecue sauce. After splitting an appetizer of hummus and homemade(?) pita bread we both ended up with leftovers of our entrees. We decided in the future we'll probably split the appetizer and an entree or skip the appetizer all together. What I'm trying to say is that the portions are pretty stout and will fill you up.

The service is very good because the restaurant is small and has a full staff. They also have an open kitchen so hypothetically you could watch the chefs build your meal in front of your eyes. My wife and I chose not to (sometimes it's best to leave the magic to the professionals) and sat along one of the art-filled walls. Some paintings are for sale, others are photographs of the restaurant's namesake, cows, and some are just plain weird and don't seem to fit in. The restaurant has the feel of a hipster joint with microbrews and locally sourced components but overall it's not too annoyingly "cool."

The best part of the meal had to be the dessert. We went on a Wednesday and since apparently they are closed on Tuesdays all the desserts were freshly baked Wednesday afternoon. We split an orange, cranberry chocolate cake and it was a fairly sizable wedge.

Check Nashville Hotel Deals