The White House

Yaliboyu Mah. Suleyman Yilmaz Cad. 5 Nolu Sok. No:21, Kalkan, Turkey - + 90 (0) 242 844 3738

Check Kalkan Hotel Deals

The White House Kalkan Reviews

halilee halilee
Great view from the terrace, room was just ok May 04, 2012
I wish I could give the rating a 3.5 starts, but I couldn't so, there it is. Well, first let me say the owners and staff were friendly and we can't complain about the service. The terrace is an absolute joy with gorgeous views. Breakfast was decent. The rooms were very clean, however we were disappointed in our room. It was very small and not much more than a box. There wasn't even a bedside table to put my glasses and medication on, although there was a small end table on the other side of the room. Granted opening up the windows did brighten up the room considerably. The View from our room was of someone else room across the street, so if we wanted to change or anything, we had to close the curtains.. or if weather wasn't good, close the windows, making the box dark and .. well.. a box. I did ask if we could get a room with a balcony which would have changed my opinion considerably, but there was someone coming that night who was staying several nights and so they got preference. The room with the balcony was a lot nicer than our box as I did peek in on it. Another strange thing was the beds had no sheets, only a thin white blanket. I will say that it did have GREAT free wifi. There were no amenities in the room and we didn't have toilet paper when we arrived. When we went to ask for some, we were told by the maid that toilet paper gets put in the room in the morning. We told her we had none and we needed some now upon which she somewhat reluctantly gave us some.

All in all, it was a mixed bag for us, but it is certainly a decent and clean place to spend a couple of nights.. and as I said, had we gotten a room with a balcony or just a better room period, our opinion would have been quite a bit more positive but for $86 US or $55 pounds it was pretty pricey for what we got. Just ask for a room with a balcony when you book.
View from the breakfast terrace
Our room
rsvpme says:
Just a nice a quirky place..different world
Posted on: Jul 27, 2012