The White House Bed & Breakfast Galway

Check Galway Hotel Deals

The White House Bed & Breakfast Galway Reviews

tenaka tenaka
Mar 23, 2013
After staying in several great places I was disappointed by The White House. It seems like a place that may have once been fairly nice but isn't being kept up well anymore.

I won't go as far as to say to avoid it, just know what you are getting. Its one of the least expensive private rooms in Galway from what I can tell. The young lady I checked in with was great, very nice and helpful. However the rest of the staff seemed in a bad mood both days.

With its location, you can walk downtown in nice weather but its about a 15 minute walk. breakfast was pretty good and for the full Irish they replaced the tomato with bbq beans which I enjoyed as I am not a tomato fan.

However the room itself was not very good. you can get a night's sleep there but thats the most I can say. The mattress I could feel the springs digging into me as I lay there. The chair's fabric had worn through and the padding was coming out. There were several holes in the walls plastered over where it looks like some electrical work was only half finished. And the bathroom was extremely cramped. If I were a girthier man I don't think I could have even gotten into it as the bed blocked the door from opening. The shower is very tight, I couldn't move in it without bumping into the walls. But I'll leave my review with another positive in that the wifi was strong and I was always able to get a parking space out front.
Thats as far as the door opens

The White House Bed & Breakfast Galway Overview

Discover all that Galway has to offer with The White House Hotel as a base. All hotel's guestrooms have all the conveniences expected in a hotel in its class to suit guests' utmost comforts. Room amenities include non smoking rooms, hair dryer, internet access (wireless), internet access, ironing board, television. The basic amenities provided at this Galway accommodation comprise shops, laundry service/dry cleaning, disabled facilities, tours, WiFi , car park. The hotel offers garden to provide extra pleasure and relaxation for all guests. This hotel is characterized by a combination of modern comfort and traditional element of Galway, making it a distinct accommodation. To make your reservation at the The White House Hotel quick and easy, please select your preferred dates of stay and proceed with our secure online booking form.

The White House Bed & Breakfast Amenities

• Laundry service
  • Shops
  • Excursions
  • Garden
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower