The Wharf

www.wharfrestaurant.com - 703 836-2836 Fax:703 836-2830

The Wharf Alexandria Reviews

missandrea81 missandr…
Dubbed the best seafood in the Metro area Apr 01, 2007
My husband and I love seafood so we followed the recommendation on a D.C. dining website and made our way to the Wharf restaurant in Oldtown Alexandria one day.

It's very easy to find. You can drive here or take the Metro to King Street station and take a stroll down King Street. There is a parking garage right around the corner from the restaurant if you do decide to drive. It's not the only seafood restaurant in Oldtown Alexandria either. Only the first one we went to.

My husband had the lobster-scallop au gratin and loved it. I ordered some garlic shrimp as an appetizer and had the southern fried catfish. The food was delicious but pricey. The service was so so.

As usual I sat underneath an AC vent and had no jacket, so it was pretty chilly in the restaurant.

The ambiance is very nice. I looks like a seafood restaurant because of the decorations. It's not some every day place.

Nice place to go for an anniversary dinner or other special occasion.

It's a bit to pricey as an every day thing in my opinion, but worth it none the less.
The outside of the Wharf
wildntexas says:
My husband and I loved the clam chowder!
Posted on: Jun 20, 2010
jennjeff1 says:
The raw oysters at The Warf are to die for! Great place to eat! ~Jeff (and Jenny)
Posted on: Jun 23, 2008