The Westin Resort Tamuning

Check Tamuning Hotel Deals

The Westin Resort Tamuning Reviews

scubagirl76 scubagir…
a little false advertising never hurt anyone, did it?! Jun 22, 2010
The good first of all, I will start off by saying, this was an amazingly beautiful hotel! The service extraordinary, the staff most apologetic and helpful (notice the apologetic part,) amazing pool and beach area, the rooms so comfortable and luxurious! Great place for couples and families alike! Our room had a decent view (not all the rooms do) because well... let's face it some have to face the street, but ours had a good enough view of the ocean and a little of the street! No complaints there! Just an incredible place, which I would definitely consider revisiting if ever in Guam again, and if ever in Guam under different circustances!

Now for the bad (and this is just a matter of a misunderstanding, really!) When we decided to head to Guam, and as well decided to go out one day and dive... obviously we would be looking for childcare, right?! So my husband and I specifically looked for a hotel that offered childcare. When we found the site for this hotel http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1057, we went to it clicked on features and activities and then on hotel amenities, and there on that page right under family activites it says, "childcare service!" Now was I crazy for thinking that this was a guest service?! Seriously if you are looking for a hotel and looking at it's amenities because you are going to be a GUEST there, do you really care what they offer to it's employees and the community? I don't live in Guam or plan to move there if I was going to I would not be looking for childacre on a hotel site!!! So again, I ask, was I out of line in thinking this was a guest service? I never thought to call and ask, if the childcare they announced on their site was for their guests or for those who live there! So we got there on a Sunday night and the childcare room was closed so first thing on Monday we went down to the area to seek their service for our one diving day. Just to hear that they had room for our five year old, but not our infant, but if we wanted to we could put him on the waiting list and hopefully in a few months they would have space available, REALLY?!?! Who vacations for months? This is when we found out that the day care was a full up day care service for the community of Guam! Well, we were just a "tad" upset about that! We wanted to know why they announced it on their site, and we were literally wanting to move to a different hotel right then and there! Upon them seeing how upset we were, the daycare manger said, "well, sometimes there are cancellations for the day let me see if there is one this week!" Magically there just so happened to be one on the day we wanted to dive... alright, whatever lets sign our kids up! So we put our kids names down and then the second bomb hits us!!! "Sir, it will be $15/hour for your five year old and $30/hour for your infant!" $45 per hour for childcare and a typical diving day starts around 7am and ends around 2 or 3pm! Hmmm..... on second thought I think we will forgoe the dive! :( I can think of at least 360 reasons to do so, all of them dollars!!! Needless to say we were extremely dissapointed in this hotel for that reason!

I realize this would not even begin to be a problem if you have no kids or plan to travel without them, but for us it was a big deal! Afterall, we did not pick the hotel because of the name we picked it because on their website it said, clearly and in plain English, childcare services!

Thankfully, there is an Air Force base in Guam and our dilema ended when we headed to the base to their childcare center, and found a provider for the day! So we kept our room, afterall! BTW.. when we asked for a crib for our son the staff had it up in our room whitin five minutes, so at least their other services are good!
The room
shower
our view
lobby
sweetsummerdaiz says:
A very fair review, great info.
Posted on: Sep 03, 2010
Sweetski says:
Yeah, and the sad truth is, not even calling is 100% full proof. I once called whether it was possible to arrive round 23:00h, because on their website it said 22:00, but no way I was going to make 22:00. "oh, no problem sir, we'll be waiting for you", was their kind response. What do you know..., no-one there at 23:00 :(
Posted on: Sep 02, 2010
scubagirl76 says:
Thanks sweetski, good to hear others would think the same! I can tell you I will never again trust a hotel site at face value, I will be calling to confirm that what the site says, is in fact what they offer!
Posted on: Sep 02, 2010

The Westin Resort Tamuning Overview

This accommodation in Tamuning is located directly on the beach in Tumon Bay. Westin Resort Tamuning is within 10 minutes' drive of the Prime Outlets and the nightlife district. Westin Resort Tamuning is within 15 minutes of the airport, and transfer to and from the airport can be arranged with the front desk.

There are 432 rooms at Westin Resort Tamuning, ranging from simple doubles to extended suites. Rooms have Westin’s signature Heavenly beds and Heavenly showerheads in the bathrooms. Other amenities include balconies, satellite television service, direct dial telephone, ironing set, and en suite bathroom. Non-smoking rooms are available.

Built in 1992, Westin Resort Tamuning was remodeled in 2006 to continue its status as a four star beach resort. Conference space is available, supported by a business center. There is a child center with programming for children at the hotel. For relaxation, the hotel offers two outdoor swimming pools and a fitness room with free weights. There is also a beauty and wellness spa. Parking is offered on site to guests.

The Westin Resort Amenities

• Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Pool Outdoor