The Westin Nova Scotian

1181 Hollis Street, Halifax, Canada

The Westin Nova Scotian Rates and Deals

The Westin Nova Scotian Halifax Reviews

penneywinkle penneywi…
My husband and I stayed at this hotel while on a leisure trip to Halifax. We had declined parking in their lot because I refuse to pay almost $20 for unsecured, uncovered parking in a lot full of potholes for a few short hours.

One of the staff suggested that since we were not coming back to the hotel until later at night, we could park for free across the street as long as we put money in the meter by 8 am. I returned to the hotel shortly after midnight and parked my car. When I went to my car there was a parking ticket for $50 because of a winter ban. I knew nothing of a winter ban...I am not from Halifax!!! Obviously the staff member did not either unless she was making some kind of sarcastic joke!! When I complained at the front desk I was told to contact the manager (who was not in) and he would be able to help compensate us since we were misled by one of their own staff. After emailing the manager he basicly called me a liar and offered me free parking on my next stay...Not to mention...our first morning there we were awoken to housekeeping's knock even though we had put a do not disturb sign out the night before...the sign was mysteriously missing...and the vending machine on the 3rd floor that took the only change I had on me...apparently it is out of order!!! We had minor problems at this hotel before, but we went back. Go there at your own risk!!

The Westin Nova Scotian Overview

Ideally located in the heart of downtown Halifax, The Westin Nova Scotian's prime location offers a peaceful respite in the beautiful city and has easy access to shopping and dining.

The property boasts 297 warmly decorated guestrooms and suites, which provides its guests with modern and comfortable amenities. You can enjoy stunning views of either Halifax Harbour or Point Pleasant Park from one of these guest rooms and suites.

The Elements Dining Room with it's tranquil setting offers delicious international cuisine and is sure to satisfy the most discerning tastes. Socialise with friends or colleagues at Eve Lobby Bar, which is an ideal place to unwind while enjoying a light meal, trendy music and a sampling of local beer and wines.

The Westin Nova Scotian Amenities

• Spa bath / Jacuzzi
  • Shops
  • Garden
  • Nightclubs
  • Tennis Courts (outdoor)
  • Jogging and exercise trail
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Health Centre
  • Body Treatments
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Spa/Jetted Tub