The Westin Crown Center

The Westin Crown Center Rates and Deals

The Westin Crown Center Kansas City Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Beautiful hotel with a nice view in KC Jun 20, 2008
I loved here! We stayed here during the TB Meet Up in KC and I was very impressed with it. Our host recommended us to stay here, since it’s one of his favorite hotels and I agree 100%. It's nicely situated at the Hallmark Crown Center with easy access to Union Station. Well, I can’t say much about the price. As all the 4 stars hotels it’s expensive, but we got a special price. So, my point of view about the value isn’t the best, sorry…

The hotel is centrally located in downtown, with a good swimming, besides an amazing view of the city. It is large and easy to get lost in, but it has also a comfy atmosphere. Since the minute you go inside, you see it’s an elegant one. Most of the people are there because of business, but it doesn’t mean you won’t feel comfortable if you are just there for vacations. They have a gorgeous terraced garden inside, with a waterfall included!

Ok, let’s go with the rooms. I had a very clean room with 2 double beds. The room had a modern/contemporary style. There was a writing desk and a sliding glass door with a very small balcony. The bathroom was big and I had plenty of counter space – always important for a girl. I had a great view from the hotel’s pool. I loved the beds and white bedding, they were comfy and soft. There was In-room coffee and tea service available.

The staff is welcoming and helpful, really friendly. Because we were a large group, they took really good care of us and tried to help as much as possible, becoming also group photographers, hehe.

Other thing you have to know about the hotel is that it’s connected to a mall, which gives you a lot of choices for eating, and shopping. This fact is really convenient, especially if you need to buy something at last minute, like we did. One thing you can miss there is going to the restaurant at the 18th floor, which is really delicious. I highly recommend the Sunday Brunch.

Definitely, I’d stay here if I’m in Kansas City again!
yadilitta says:
hehe, you got me, hehe
Posted on: Jul 03, 2008
FR-ank says:
Good feedback ;)
weird !!! why every peep let a hotel review now ???
ah ah ah I think i guess :)))
Posted on: Jul 03, 2008
Africancrab Africanc…
Comfort and luxury with access to major attractions Jun 23, 2008
This review is long coming. I stayed at the Westin Crown Center Hotel during the unofficial Travbuddy Meet-up organized by James (pearcetoyou) and Mark (Travelman727). I shared a room with Yadi (Yadilitta). The hotel is quite simply beautiful. We did not spend much time in the hotel so we really did not take advantage of all the luxury the hotel had to offer. At check in, the hotel staff was friendly and helpful.

Located at the Hallmark's Crown Center, the hotel is comprised of over 700 rooms, the hotel has all the charms and ambiance to attract you to stay longer. The modern conveniences like the huge queen beds, work desks, high speed internet access for a small fee, smoke free rooms. It's within easy access to shops, restaurants and theaters.

It is within easy access to downtown Kansas City and main attractions like the WWI memorial, Union Station, Liberty Memorial, the Power and Light District, and Professional Sports. We managed to spend less than a few hours in the hotel, well only when we went to sleep really.

I do remember that the bed was extremely comfortable, the sheets felt clean and smelled of fresh morning due. From our room we could see the giant pool below with few people taking advantage. I so wished I had more time to relax at the pool and enjoy the comforts of the hotel. Perhaps a reason to use the hotel again when I return to KC.
Westin Crown Center Hotel, Kansas …
Westin Crown Center Hotel, Kansas …
Africancrab says:
It was great indeed.
Glynnes says:
Sounds lovely, thanks for sharing.
Mark184 says:
Nice, we should stay here when we visit KC. I would like to take you there.
poohstanggt poohstan…
Perfect Location with a Great Value Jun 20, 2008
We stayed here for the unofficial Kansas City meet up last month and I was very impressed with this hotel! I am always a fan of any room that has down comforters! Whoo Hoo.

Unfortunately, we were not in the hotel long enough to really take advantage of all the amenities the hotel had to offer (poor RJ just kept checking out the tennis courts every time we were in the elevators!! HA HA).

The only downside to the room when you have multiple females getting ready in a rush was the bathroom ventilation was somewhat slow so after Mel took steamy hot showers, it took about 1/2 hour for the mirrors to unfog so I could put my makeup on! LOL.

The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful with every request we had. The lobby area was a great place for our large group to congregate and the lobby bar looked like a fun place as well.

For our purposes, the location was great - a short drive to the Plaza or Power and Light district. It's pretty centrally located to other attractions such as the Liberty Memorial, Union Station, and various other museums and professional sports venues.

I wish we had been able to check out the pool, whirlpool, and sauna. Our room had a view of the pool area which seemed to be pretty empty most of the times I checked outside (mid afternoons).

Would definitely stay here if I come to Kansas City again!!
Our room
Taking advantage of the nice lobby…
The girls in the room!
pearcetoyou pearceto…
4 Star Hotel in Downtown KC Jul 06, 2008
Located in Hallmark's Crown Center, The Westin Crown Center, Kansas City offers easy access to 85 acres of shops, restaurants, and theatres. You will be delighted to find the hotel is also close to attractions such as the Liberty Memorial, Union Station, Bartle Hall Convention Center, museums, and professional sports. This was the hotel where most of our group stayed for the KC meet-up.

The hotel has plenty of activities to help you relax and revive, including a whirlpool, sauna, steam room, outdoor heated swimming pool, and track, as well as tennis courts. If you are ready to explore the local area, we offer a car-rental booth right in our lobby. We also offer 53,873 square feet of meeting space and can accommodate groups of all sizes.
Looking out from room to the pool.
The waterfall inside.
mellemel8 mellemel8
4 STAR CHARM Jun 20, 2008
Erin and i were roomies at the KC MEETUP. I loved my bed. i enjoyed this hotel even though i was here for a brief moment. i loved my bathroom too.

Our hotel has plenty of activities to help you relax and revive, including a whirlpool, sauna, steam room, outdoor heated swimming pool, and track, as well as tennis courts. If you are ready to explore the local area, we offer a car-rental booth right in our lobby. We also offer 53,873 square feet of meeting space and can accommodate groups of all sizes.

We invite you to join us for unwindsm...a westin evening ritual in Brasserie Bar, Monday - Friday from 5:30pm - 7:30pm. Unwind offers a moment to reenergize with authentic Kansas City BBQ and jazz music in a perfectly relaxing atmosphere.

Our 729 well-appointed guest rooms and suites were designed to enhance your comfort. Each room features our signature Heavenly Bed®, with a pillow top mattress and 250 thread count sheets. Additionally, keep up with work with High Speed Internet in all guest rooms and enjoy complimentary wireless internet throughout the public areas of the hotel.

Find total renewal at The Westin Crown Center, Kansas City.

Guest Rooms

Each of the 729 guest rooms at The Westin Crown Center, Kansas City is appointed with thoughtful amenities, as well as modern conveniences like dual-line telephones with data ports. Additional accommodations include 49 spacious suites, such as the opulent Presidential Suite, which features a dining room and large living room with fireplace.

* High Speed Internet Access in All Guest Rooms (Charge)

* The Heavenly Bed®

* Spacious Bathroom

* In-Room Safe

* Coffee and Tea Maker

* Iron/Ironing Board

Some of the amenities above may not be available in all rooms. Fees on certain amenities/services may apply.

The Westin Crown Center Amenities

• Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Health Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower