The Wesley

www.thewesley.co.uk/en - +44 (0) 207 380 0001

Check London Hotel Deals

The Wesley London Reviews

hanleyscot hanleysc…
Sometimes When You Wait Until The Last Minute You Have To Pay A Little More Aug 03, 2016
I only stayed here because I didn't really have much of a choice. After spending the whole prior week at The Exmouth Arms Euston I figured that I wouldn't have any difficulty in getting one extra night there. I was wrong. It was booked up. So at the last minute I started frantically looking for places to spend one night at. It was apparently busy that day because there was not much left with availability and what was left was on the expensive side.

I ended up settling on The Wesley since it was only two blocks away from where I was currently staying. I had previously walked by it several times but never paid much attention to it. I knew there was a restaurant inside and had looked at the menu that was hanging outside the front doors. It seemed a little on the expensive side so I had skipped it.

I wouldn't exactly call it upscale but it was considerably nicer than the majority of the places I had stayed at so far on this trip. I was checked in at the front desk and went searching through the maze of hallways to find my room. After a little effort and being questioned by one of the maids (I guess I didn't look like I belonged there?) I finally found my room.

This room was much larger than most of the places I had stayed at so far in Europe. This was actually closer to a small room in the U.S. It was more than enough room for me. It could've been smaller and I wouldn't have complained. But I will admit that after staying a week in a dorm room, it was kind of nice to have the space.

I'm sure it's not to anyone's surprise that I am not exactly the sharpest blade on the knife rack. This became incredibly evident when I was unable to turn any of the lights on in the room. Not the main light on the ceiling, none of the lamps, not even the lights in the bathroom. I kept looking for some master switch that permitted the other switches to work but to no avail. I finally had to ask one of the cleaning crew if something was wrong with the room. She walked in, took my door key, and placed it into a slot by the door which promptly turned on all the lights.

I've stayed at many hotels throughout my life but that was the first time I had a room with that feature. Turns out that the hotel attempts to be as "green" as possible and this is a way of ensuring that no one leaves the lights on while they out of their room. Great idea.

The restaurant downstairs was actually really good. Unsurprisingly I ordered the eggs benedict for breakfast. It was amazing. Instead of an english muffin it was more like a pretzel. The hollandaise sauce was a perfect tangy lemon.

I had begun to notice that European hotels don't seem to use sheets on their beds. You just get a comforter. In the U.S. you always have sheets, blankets, and comforters. I also had noticed that none of the hotels in Europe offered wash cloths. Towels and hand towels, yes. Wash cloths, not so much. I've never stayed in a U.S. hotel that didn't have wash cloths.

This hotel didn't have a bath mat so it was incredibly slippery. Not sure if they just forgot it or they don't use them there.

The elevator was out for most of my stay. Not really a huge big deal for me and besides...it happens. It's not something I would ever write a bad review for.

The hotel itself is fine. It's nothing amazing. I do think it's a little overpriced so if you're on a small budget this place is not for you. The location is great. Just a couple of blocks away from Euston/St. Pancras/Kings Cross Stations. Walking distance to Camden.

Would I stay there again? If money wasn't an option...possibly.
I love it when the hotel offers ho…
hanleyscot says:
Hey Paul...Thank you very much!
Posted on: Jul 01, 2016
Paulovic says:
Congrats on your featured review!
Posted on: Jul 01, 2016
trippin_jen says:
Can't agree more on that haha!
Posted on: Jun 22, 2016