The Wee Windaes

The Wee Windaes - The menu

The Wee Windaes Edinburgh Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A tourist trap with fair food May 27, 2011
We had just met up in Edinburgh as my friends had just picked me up in the airport and all of us were quite hungry. We walked by many restaurants but my friend David was really focused on that he could taste some Scottish food. Finally we decided to enter The Wee Windaes, which was situated at 144 High Street; roughly midway between St Giles Cathedral and the Tron Kirk on the Royal Mile.

The entrance to the restaurant was quite unusual because the restaurant is located on the first floor and is accessed via the stairs in the ground floor foyer. The narrow stairs led up to a light green-blue shaded restaurant with a bar just at the entrance. We were met by a very eager waiter that pointed us to a window table, not far from the entrance.

He quickly took of orders for drinks and soon after they were standing at the table. I had ordered my first Tennent’s in some years and I was looking forward to it because there is nothing like a first beer on a holiday. I ordered Crombies sausages with mash and again we hardly blinked before it was served in front of us; it was like we had pre-ordered our lunch, because it was almost too fast that it came to us.

I can’t complain on the taste of the food because it was actually quite okay and the same was my friend David’s haggis; he only had a problem with the crushed turnip, which I understood after having tasted it too. In a strange way the restaurant was a tourist trap but it actually served fair and good food.
The Wee Windaes
The menu
Inside towads the entrance
My first beer in Scotland ever
Nana_gincin says:
Christian, congrats on your new featured review! :)
Chokk says:
Chokk says:
No problem with the Neeps :)

Check Edinburgh Hotel Deals