The Water Street Gourmet

(212) 785-5220

The Water Street Gourmet New York Reviews

pinchora pinchora
Jul 22, 2007
So after we were done on the Staten Island Ferry we headed out to get some grub...here we stopped off at the Water Street Gourmet. Once walking in you see a small convenience store in the back (hense why it's a 24 hour bodega) and a deli counter to the left with a dinning area upstairs. The menu has a wide range and there are other pasta's 'n at so you don't have to get a sandwich. but we walked up to the counter and ordered. The menue was simple enough to read...except they didn't have the bread types up...which I didn't realize until I ordered. I ordered a sandwich and the guy behind the counter asked what kind of bread? I asked what kind they had and he mumbled a lot of different types that I couldn't understand (no offense to New Yorkers but they have a habit of mumbling to the point you can't understand them) and I finally heard Hero...so said yeah, yeah a hero. And with my pittsburghese of talking fast and his mumbling he couldn't understand me. But he picked up on it.

We walked up stairs to the dinning area. Up here the lighting is stagnant, sort of like the lighting in the office of Joe Vs. the volcano...you remember the movie with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks? And the chairs were stiff like the ones I sat in in Junior High and the tables wabbled and we had to cordinate when we were going to set our elbows on the table. But on to the positive...the sub was probably the freshest sub I have ever had. The meat was very flavorful and decadent. Becky's pasta wasn't dry or stiff it was limp and saucy.

For good food I recommend this restaurant but for decent service I really don't.
The Water Street Gourmet near the …

Check New York Hotel Deals