The Washington Park Grille

washparkgrille.com - (303)-777-0707

The Washington Park Grille Denver Reviews

pavlim pavlim
Had a great meal in a fun setting Mar 27, 2011
The restaurant offers a variety of foods, and the prices are all reasonable, service was great, and I would definately come back here
huddleston huddlest…
Italian with a twist! Apr 08, 2010
I am not a birthday celebrator. I LOVE to celebrate others birthdays, but when it comes to my own I get weird about beating the proverbial drum. I hate making a scene and I have never seen the point in forcing and making friends come to celebrate my birth. While many birthday folk claim the entire week of their birthdays a celebration, I am not one to create a large spectacle. This year, being that I was eulogizing turning a 1/4 of a century, I decided a tasteful and tasty dinner was in order.

I decided on The Washington Park Grille, a self proclaimed Italian grill with a twist. The Washington Park Grille, or more commonly known as The Wash Park Grille, is in the trendy Denver neighborhood of Washington Park (where the restaurant gets its name.) The Wash Park area is full of beautiful bungalow houses, a wonderful Denver park, and great boutique restaurants.

Even after making reservations for 25 people, we had to wait about 15 minutes for an available table. Regardless, the staff was very kind and apologetic while my birthday celebrators waited in the tiny waiting area. The ambiance is moody, and the restaurant/ bar is dark with a jazz club vibe. Our food was fantastic! The menu was exciting and very diverse. Most plates have an Italian flare, and staples such as the burger are amped up with caramelized onions and red peppers. I ordered the paella, which was spicy from the chorizo and peppers yet sweet and expensive from the hint of saffron. The team that waited on us was extremely attentive and accommodating to our large party. A few meals came out of the kitchen late or cooked wrong, and our server promptly comped those dishes.

The Wash Park Grille also serves a brunch on Saturdays and Sundays from 10:30am - 1:30pm and lunch Mondays through Saturdays until 4pm. Special events include amazing happy hour deals and live music. The Grille is a popular hangout for the young professional crowd, and the bar can get very crowded on weeknights and weekends alike.

If you are in the area on business or pleasure, or if you are a local like I hoping to branch out and experience some new area restaurants, The Washington Park Grille gets my vote. Prepare to enjoy well crafted dishes in a wonderful moody atmosphere! Enjoy. Happy eats foodies.

Check Denver Hotel Deals