The Venice Beach Hostel

Check Los Angeles Hotel Deals

The Venice Beach Hostel Los Angeles Reviews

vbhstinks vbhstinks
worst hostel not even worth half the amount Jan 03, 2010
I moved to this hostel, only cuz I heard about how I could work in exchange for free accommodation. The receptionist when I arrived was really awesome. I asked about the rate, and was gonna come the next day. He neglected to tell me that the weekend rate, which was the day I was gonna arrive was 4 dollars more, and also excluded the tax in the price, so I ended up paying more than I expected.

I got some cleaning work right away, but I could only work just twice a week. Later on, after 2 weeks, I got more shifts.

There was this crazy so-called artist dude loitering around the hostel, pretending to own the building, and he was harassing me every day on my shifts. I thought that he was a staff, so I listened to him i the beginning, but later, I found out that he does not live there and is not really a staff. He was just hired by the manager to take care of the plants. After I found out about that, I had a really nasty argument with him, and I reported to my boss that I was being harassed.

The way I see it, even though I was working there, I was still a paying costumer, and they didn't throw this guy out, even after I complained about him.

Overall, it had been the most unpleasant hostel experience ever. I have been to 18 countries and stayed in over 40 hostels and I have to say that it's the worst. I have never felt that I had to go out of my way to write a bad review of somewhere that I stayed in.

The beds are uncomfortable, the rooms are cold and dirty, most of common room is a smoke zone, so really unpleasant for non-smoker, most staffs smokes, the walls are covered with ash residues, old dusty furnitures, horrible colored walls- they should really paint some bright colors to liven the place up, and they ask for ridiculously large amount of money for deposit.

They also had an oven that was broken, and even though it was really dangerous to have that around, the manager didn't care. it's a very poorly run hostel, but I guess the manager knows he's in a good location by the beach, and that's what gets travlers in that rat-hole. but, there aint a god-darned supermarket anywhere, and everything along the beach is expensive. it's more like a house of horror than a hostel

Check Los Angeles Hotel Deals