The Veggie Grill

4213 Campus Dr, Irvine, CA, USA - (949) 509-0003

The Veggie Grill Irvine Reviews

HeatherHop HeatherH…
A vegan restaurant that your meat-eating friends will love! Jun 27, 2009
The Veggie Grill is located directly across the street from UC Irvine, but there are several other locations around Orange County as well.

When you first walk inside, it has a bright, fun, very graphic-design-y feel to the place. You check out the menu board and then get in line to order at the counter. They will then take your order to the table for you, or you can always order it to go (for faster to go orders, they also do phone ahead).

I am a vegetarian and my husband is a meat eater, and many of the vegetarian restaurants I have taken him to, he has not really enjoyed so much. Some I don't even enjoy, as I'm not much into raw food and it seems that most veggie restaurants are going that way these days.

Not the Veggie Grill. All I can say about this place is that it is excellent. MY favorite item is the Bali Bliss, add avocado, with a side of steamin' kale. The Bali Bliss is a burger with a tempeh patty. It is spiced and comes with a vegan chipotle mayonaise on it. The steamin' kale is steamed kale with a ginger dressing on the side, and it is completely delicious.

If I am in the mood to splurge, I get a side of sweet potato fries with chipotle ranch dressing for dipping. It is SO GOOD!

My husband's favorite is the Santa Fe Crispy Chick'n sandwich. It is made with wheat meat that is surprisingly delicious.

Other favorites of my friends include the Chipotle Chick'n sandwich, and the Papa's Portobello burger.

Kids meals are available here, and they do have some gluten free options for those who cannot have gluten.

They have sparkling water, and wine to drink here as well. In addition to burgers and sandwiches, they also have an array of soups and salads for you to try.

To finish off your meal, they do have several desserts, including a really good carrot cake...but I am usually too stuffed to order dessert!

The best part about this place is that I have taken many of my meat-eating friends and family to this place to eat, and they have all loved it. It is right across the street from the University, and it is always busy (but it never takes too long to get your food).

I love this place!