The University of Bologna

Via Zamboni, Bologna, Italy

The University of Bologna Reviews

stewy88 stewy88
The greatest university in Italy! Dec 27, 2009
I was lucky enough to study at the oldest University in Italy and also the world! It is unlike any other and scattered throughout the city itself. It seems to intertwine with the city and has become the beating heart of Bologna.

As you wander around the University you can view a wide demographic of the Italian youth culture. Renowned for it's foreign community and rebellious tendencies, a walk around this zone can be quite an experience. You can hear the operatic music spilling into the streets or gaze at the punks with their beasts meandering about aimlessly.

The various University building often have delightful courtyards that contain an array of fine architecture and artwork.

It is the perfect place to escape the touristy dominance of your Italian trip and finally appreciate a moment of true Italian life.

Related Travel Blogs About The University of Bologna

2007 - Daytrippin' in Rimini
The terrible duo, made up of my Mother and Sister were over to visit and obviously wanted to hit the beach seeing as in Ireland summer=RAIN. One of the things I love most about Italy is the ama…University of Bologna is actually housed here (Bologna has one of the largest Universities in the world and has had to expand…
Day 10: Venice to Mantua to Bologna
"I'm getting duomoed out."  -- Brian after visiting yet another duomo.  We begin our day by boating out of Venice and back to our waiting bus.  As we leave we pass a large island tha…University of Bologna, a world renown school that was the first in the world to allow dissection of human…

Check Bologna Hotel Deals