The United Service Organization (USO)

San Antonio International Airport , San Antonio, TX, USA
www.uso.org - 210-233-9279

The United Service Organization (USO) San Antonio Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
little perks Oct 19, 2013
The United Service Organization (USO) is a private, nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the troops by providing programs to United States Troops and their families. Currently there are more than 140 centers worldwide, including ten mobile canteens located in airports in continental United States as well as overseas. Overseas centers are located in Germany, Italy, the United Arab Emirates, Japan, Qatar, Korea, Afghanistan, Guam and Kuwait.

The USO inside U.S. airports is to provide a place for military members and their families while waiting for their flights or long hours of delayed flights. I would say USO is the “secular” contemporary of airline clubs. Amenities includes Wi-Fi, computer area, kitchenette, lounge areas, recliners, 60" flat screen TV, reading materials, information for buses and shuttles to area bases. In some USO centers, they even have shower rooms for those who need to freshen up.

I was early at San Antonio International Airport for my flight to Los Angeles. I had 3 hours to kill before my flight so I thought of hanging out at USO. I showed my dependent military ID and the guy who is a volunteer let me in. Right away he offered food and drinks. He also showed the area and what else is available. I was told I am free to use the computer and internet. And if I want to watch movies instead, I can do that too. The USO center at San Antonio International Airport is located near the baggage claim of Terminal B.

After I had breakfast I went out for a walk but left my luggage in the luggage rack. When I came back of course it was still in tack!

When I got inside the center there were other military troops, some other people who might just like me – dependent spouse of a military member. If you are a family of an active, reserve or retired military member but do not know about USO, I am hoping this review would be a help. Hope you enjoy one of our (little) perks!
...this way please :)