The Union Oyster House

Boston, Massachusetts

The Union Oyster House Boston Reviews

lunitacrazy lunitacr…
Delicious Food - Will go again next time I go to Boston Apr 23, 2011
I had a clam chowder and a seafood entree. The food was just simply delicious. I tried my friend's too and it was just perfect!

I highly recommend it. It's pricey, but worth every penny of it!! Also, my waitress was really nice and attentive. The waiting line was only like 15 minutes and there is a great atmosphere inside the restaurant.
kayguarnay kayguarn…
Ye Olde Restaurant in America Jan 04, 2009
Walking the Freedom Trail on the North Side you will find this on a corner across from the oldest bar (name withheld). If you like history, this is a striking place to visit. Although a little too touristy for my taste (I like to stray off the beaten path), this place is definitely a must visit because the food is D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!

We went by a little early in the day on a Sunday, but it was still quite full, although they do overestimate the wait time :)

The portions are generous, so come hungry!
pinchora pinchora
First Restaurant in the USA Mar 30, 2007
The Union Oyster House is the oldest restaurant in Boston and the oldest restaurant in continuous service in the U.S. — the doors have always been open to diners since 1826. Union Street was laid out in 1636, but there are no municipal records documenting the Oyster House's date of construction. All that is known is that the building has stood on Union Street as a major local landmark for more than 250 years.

We got here when it first opened up... we were on our way to the airport and decided to stop of at this historic area before we got to the airport. We walked it and the restraunt was amazing! Jon and I sat at the bar and was immediately greeted by a happy red headed man---who was obviously irish.

Since we were in Boston and didn't get clam chowder yet we settled on that for a nice lunch... that was the first time I ever had clam chowder... it was quite delicious... and might I add a lot better than what I found out comes out of a can!

The bar tender told us a lot of stories about the area nd about the locals and the tourists he sees! He was a joy to talk to. We also got to meet Ben Franklin... he was coming in from flying his kite! Ha Ha Ha!!!
the Memorial with the Oyster house…

Related Travel Blogs About The Union Oyster House

Beantown
It was a drizzly morning today as we made our way over to Penn Station to catch our Amtrak train to Boston. It was only a 4 hour trip and we were excited to get out of New York and start exploring Bo…Union Oyster House which is famous for being the oldest continuously opened restaurant in the United States. As we drove into central Boston
I love beantown
Boston is such an awesome city.  The biggest disappointment was that we only had three days there and shared a car so I couldn't really do as much as I would have liked.  We did, however, h…Boston. We took the train to Haymarket Square. Had dinner at the Union Oyster House. By the time work was done…

Check Boston Hotel Deals