The Underground Nightclub

Baku, Azerbaijan

The Underground Nightclub Baku Reviews

mickeyd302 mickeyd3…
Oct 10, 2007
My friend had been in Afganistan for several months and according to him all he has seen is veiled women, a lot of guns and a bunch of donkeys. Coming to Baku has been akin to releasing a kid in a candy store. The first place we stopped in was the Underground Club. I had never been there before and it looked like so many other clubs in Baku but located just outside of Fountain Square. The night was young so we ventured forth.

The place is very small and dank. The dance floor is tiny enough for maybe 8 people if they are really small. . The beer was overpriced (4 Manats for Efes and 6 Manats for Heineken) and we could not get the normal cheaper Russian beer. It was amazing that the bartender could not understand Azeri when I was asking questions about the price of beer and the types of beers and insisted he only knew Russian, but he seemed to be able to communicate with the two bar-girls in Azeri just fine.

As is customary anytime a guy ventures into most clubs here, we soon visited by a bar girl. I just play very dumb and usually the bar girl with lack of English skills get frustrated and leaves. It worked like a charm again here.

We completed our beers and left. Frankly, there is no reason to go to the Underground Club unless you are really into dark dank bars that have overpriced beers.

Check Baku Hotel Deals