The Tunnel House Inn

Tarlton Road, Cirencester, United Kingdom

The Tunnel House Inn Cirencester Reviews

RTW_Wannabe RTW_Wann…
Good old English home-cooking! Jun 09, 2012
I've now stayed in/near Cirencester 3 times and since discovering this gem of a pub/restaurant I've been back time and again. It is right out in the sticks, so you need a car to get there! But if you are in the area visiting (or God forbid you are a local that has never been!) put this on your list of eateries. There is perhaps nothing special about the menu, or so it appears, but the food is just fabulous. If like me, you have a hearty appetite this won't disappoint! On my first visit (not knowing the portion sizes) I ordered starters and main course. The starter (deep fried brie) was two humungous wedges of brie, very lightly battered with a fruity compote on the side. Very simple, but so delicious. I was pretty full by the time I started on my steak haha. Everything I've eaten there has been cooked just right and the menu has a good mix of 'old favourites' (like steak and chips) and less standard dishes for you foodies out there. The atmosphere is lovely; dim lighting, comfy chairs etc and despite it being out in the sticks it has always been relatively busy in there (yet always got a table). Perfect. They also stock a good range of drinks, including real ales, local brews etc. You can also camp in the grounds apparently although I've not done this myself, the area itself is beautiful.

Check Cirencester Hotel Deals