The Tricycle Theatre

020 7328 1000

The Tricycle Theatre London Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
The Tricycle Theatre Sep 22, 2012
The Tricycle theatre is a theatre and arts space in Kilburn, North London. I prefer the theatres outside the West End, as they’re more affordable and often have more varied programming, and I had heard of the Tricycle before I went so it was good to get a chance to visit.

One side of the theatre opens onto quite a traditional frontage, and the other is a more modern lobby. There’s a spacious bar with nice staff and twinkly lights and, unlike the West End, lots of tables and places to stand so you don’t have to take your plastic glass back into the theatre and sit there with it on your lap for the whole break.

Unusually, the theatre is not allocated seating, but general admission like a theatre. Up at the top it’s on benches so there is a bit of shuffling along to be done. But it’s comfortable and the sight lines and acoustics all work.

Ticket prices are variable, but perfectly reasonable. I don’t know how easy disabled access would be, so you’d be well advised to phone ahead, but I got the impression that the staff were the sort of staff who would really like to help.
sarahelaine says:
It's a lovely place. :) By the way, I haven't forgotten about coming up to visit - life has been a bit mad with the other half in Uganda, and all my friends keep getting married/having babies which takes up weekends, but I am remembering.
Posted on: Oct 30, 2012
davidx says:
I was taken there last year by friends. They were doing a play about the riots long before it opened in one of the better known theatres.
Posted on: Oct 27, 2012