The Train To Heaven

plac Strzegomski, Wroclaw, Poland

The Train To Heaven Wroclaw Reviews

whitelion whitelion
The Train to Heaven Apr 20, 2011

Train to Heaven is a project made by Andrzej Jarodzki – an artist doing e.g. graphics, murals, painting, drawings and sculptures.

As I saw the sculpture for the first time I was very astonished and my feelings were mixed. I am working in different places of town and I can see this sculpture many times a week. Passing by three or four times a week and watching it I can say that the sculpture deserves any kind of attention. The sculpture is like a magnet for me because I can not resist to glimpse for a second or two passing by. Sometimes I am drawn into its powerful grip and I am truly stuck. I can say it is a new Genius loci of Wroclaw.

More about his project visit Andrzej Jarodzki’s website:

According to the website “”

it took 16 years to bring this project to the end.

We can read in the web site

”Train to Heaven is an artistic project that combines in itself the best features which have been worked out by Wroclaw for centuries. It is space for ideas, multitude of meanings, flamboyance in daily life. “

We can read on the sites

Heritege of the Past

Train to Heaven has been erected to commemorate Technical Thought and the history of the town. The location has not been chosen by accident. Plac Strzegomski [Strzegom square] is a place which history is associated with production of locomotives and rolling stock.

(Factory: Linke-Hoffmann-Werke)